He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Page 9 of 11

dog and there was plenty of room. Gotta go with what ya like though, it is your ass that has to be happy.

I wonder if I should get heated leather seats? Mike?! <VBG>

Up there you'll want them.<G>

not sure when your looking to buy but the '08 ford (i think it starts selling this january) has a new engine. the current 6l has been really problamatic. if you can, you might want to wait until the new one comes out. i have a bunch of friends with the 6l ford diesel. no one that i know would buy another but they love the rest of the truck. everythng that i have heard about this new engine has been good.

Who is making the engine. If it is another navistar........
Roy

i think that it is, but not positive roy. i read about the new dc and the new ford diesels a while back and can't remember for sure (age?). as i recall, the new ford is a 6.4l and the new dc is a 6.7l cummins, with a new auto tranny that is a six speed??????

Yes, the new Ford is also a Navistar. While much has been written about it, with all kinds of glowing reviews, the same was said/written about the 6.0L when it first landed, too. Time will tell.
As for the Dodge, currently only the chassis cabs are available with the 6.7L engine (a bored and stroked 5.9L), and they are optioned with an Aisin 6speed transmission. Starting in January, as a mid-model-year change, the regular 2500/3500 pickups will come with the 6.7L as well, and will be optioned with the DC 68RFE - an in-house-designed 6-speed auto, similar in design to the 545RFE (ie. drive clutches and holding clutches, instead of bands like the 4xRE's, and full electronic shifting). One of the truck rags recently reported on the upcoming availability of the "new Aisin 68RE" transmission. That's wrong. They're two distinctly separate transmissions.
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:54:33 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

http://people.bath.ac.uk/ccsshb/12cyl /
beekeep

I'll have to look into it. Have not heard they were changing motor

as i understand it both dodge and ford have to, in order to meet the new emission requirments as of january 1, 2007. over at tdr a lot of people are talking about buying a dodge now, before jan. even though the cummins will be bigger, there is a concern about the complexity of the emission control crap.

I thought my 05 with the cat met the 07 stuff. Might be wrong though.
Roy

well, what they are saying over at tdr is that jan. 1, '07, diesel trucks have to meet essentially the same emiision requirments that cars do? there were new requirments as os jan. 1 '05, and i have heard even newer ones as of jan. 1 '07. maybe mike can chime in with some facts rather than my rumors?
here is a couple of stories about it, fwiw:
http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_display.cfm?release $088
http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/acf/newsID/2060824.004/ford/new-6.4-liter-powerstroke-diesel-engine-for-ford-f-series
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/07pressrelease/Dodge_1_PR.pdf#search=%22new%20dodge%20%20diesel%20engines%22

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/acf/newsID/2060824.004/ford/new-6.4-liter-powerstroke-diesel-engine-for-ford-f-series
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/07pressrelease/Dodge_1_PR.pdf#search=%22new%20dodge%20%20diesel%20engines%22
bs.
Roy

See, if you guys would knock off all the OT crap, this wouldn't be a problem! :^)
(That's a joke, y'all... c'mon, laugh a little)

Roy

beekeep

Denny

Oh Bullshit!! Mac had "the machine" and was supposed to give it to Red a couple of years ago when he went north to visit a son. "The machine" never got there. At the time mac was headed north, there were a bunch of reports of a pick up with a plow running west on the interstate. Seems the driver was this pink freak with big ass floppy ears. Any idea who that might have been??? <BFG>
Roy

the blade on. Seriously, last spring we had a truck towed in at work with the engine so hot the plug wires melted. The guy was driving down the interstate with a Western blade on and never looked at this temp guage. Must have no hearing either for not hearing the chime when the temp guage went up either. He was just mad as hell that he couldn't keep up with traffic on I-75 with the blade on. He wanted us to be sure to put a motor in the ran right this time.
Denny