Headlamps for 2001 Dakota?

Page 3 of 4
Suddenly, without warning, Badger exclaimed (12/2/2009 4:08 AM):

Badger - sorry, I meant in no way to imply ALL British mechanics were bad! Just that one, one of a couple in the area that took advantage of the Americans posted in that location. He was better than some, but I didn't realize how badly he'd messed up my wiring until later.
jmc

Lol, don't worry, I didn't take it that way. I'm ex-mil myself, and believe you me there are quite a few garages up here in the North of Scotland who are more than prepared to milk whatever they can out of the two local RAF bases. I, on the other hand, make a few pounds out of honest work and sorting out the screw-ups that the cowboys make! It's strange though, how, once you are trained as an aircraft engineer you then tend to apply the same standards to everything from lawnmowers to trucks.... lol. Take it you were in the Alconbury or Lakenheath area somewhere then? Badger.
Suddenly, without warning, Badger exclaimed (12/2/2009 4:08 AM):

yea, they rewired my reversing lights too, and left me with no lights at all when I backed up!
jmc
On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 21:02:12 -0500, jmc

ohhh, if the splices were not done properly, they could well be dim!

Jodi ya gotta tell the whole story at the start.<G>
The splice job opens a whole new can of worms. Badger may have hit on the problem as things like that will get worse as time goes by. Sorta like your eye's!<G>
Figure I was screwed on the CCC's anyway.<VBG>
Roy

Figure I was screwed on the CCC's anyway.<VBG>
Well old friend, the hole you're digging just got a bit deeper. Too bad that shepard dog isn't a St Bernard. You're gonna need a life saver... <BFG>
Denny
Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (12/2/2009 9:09 AM):

Had forgotten about the wiring, we left England around 2006... I'll have my mechanic check the wiring, truck needs an oil change anyway.
jmc
Suddenly, without warning, jmc exclaimed (12/2/2009 8:52 PM):

Guess my eyes really are going bad - completely missed the quip about my eyes!
Now, where'd I put those glasses...
jmc

Right next to the cookie ingrediants???? <BG>
Denny

Right next to the cookie ingrediants???? <BG>
Denny
Pal, I think we are really screwed on the cookies. She's being real mean. Definitely not in the holiday spirit<G>
Roy

Pal, I think we are really screwed on the cookies. She's being real mean. Definitely not in the holiday spirit<G>
WTF is this "we" shit?? Don't drag me into your screw up. I know better than to call the old girl "old" even if she can't see worth a shit. You're in this by yourself there my friend.... <VBG>
Denny

Pal, I think we are really screwed on the cookies. She's being real mean. Definitely not in the holiday spirit<G>
WTF is this "we" shit?? Don't drag me into your screw up. I know better than to call the old girl "old" even if she can't see worth a shit. You're in this by yourself there my friend.... <VBG>
Denny
WOW!! How quickly they turn on ya!<GBMFG>
You remembered the rule didn't ya.
Time to get out the shovel.
You called Jodi "old" then refered to her as "the old girl". That much is pretty clear.
Now, I on the other hand, merely pointed out that due to getting older(not looking older) that her eyes may be failing her and a need for a eye exam might be in order as a safty issue.
How's that? You my chubby buddy, are in the hole all by yourself with no CCC's

Spin all ya want there Porky but you're still in the hole. I was just digging a smaller hole next to ya just so you'd have someone to cry to..
I notice the ole girl kinda backed out of this thread......
Denny

Spin all ya want there Porky but you're still in the hole. I was just digging a smaller hole next to ya just so you'd have someone to cry to..
I notice the ole girl kinda backed out of this thread......
Denny
So your deserting me for desert huh? Was just doing the best I could given the circumstances.
She's probably at the eye doctor's getting her old (your words) eyes checked.
At least she'll be able to find the correct ingredients when she bakes our CCC's.
Roy

Ya know, this is kinda like the old days, a serious thread starts then gets sidetracked 22 different ways. Only missing 15-20 of the old posters tho.
Denny

Ya know, this is kinda like the old days, a serious thread starts then gets sidetracked 22 different ways. Only missing 15-20 of the old posters tho.
Denny
Yup, some of them are still around. Just don't want to play. I suppose a lot of them sold their Dodge trucks and moved on to other brands of trucks or cars.
Roy
Roy
Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (12/3/2009 3:24 PM):

I often wonder what happened to them all, too. Especially Mike, who was such a big help when I was overseas (he'd send me parts sometimes). I haven't heard from him since I got back to the US.
jmc

Mike still lurks some and can be found more occasionally over on rec.outdoors.rv-travel and Mac is still down Baja somewhere tuning up da machine.
FMB (North Mexico)

and Mac is still down Baja somewhere tuning up da

I just caught that. <BG> Finially we have evidance to where the "machine" really resides.... And here I was blaming Roy or Red for not sharing it... <VBG>
Denny

and Mac is still down Baja somewhere tuning up da

I just caught that. <BG> Finially we have evidance to where the "machine" really resides.... And here I was blaming Roy or Red for not sharing it... <VBG>
Denny
A few things come to mind here.
Deflection is not the "friggin' rabbits" strong suit. Spinning might be.
A big sigh of relief is heard from ole wide ride as he scampers back out to the barn to hook up to "the machine", secure in the belief that he is finally above suspicion regarding sharing "the machine".
To refresh everybody's memory this is how it went down many years ago.
The hippy was transporting "the machine" to Red in Washington. At the time there were numerous reports of a Dodge pick up, complete with plow, loaded with carrots(gotta have ballast) screaming west on I-90. The driver, a wide ride, floppy eared fella, was shouting and yelling about White Castle sliders and more carrots. Anyway, when Red and the Hippy met for a meal and came out of the diner the Hippys truck was m/t, "the machine" was gone. On the ground were slider wrappers and carrot leaves.
After reading the above it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what went down.
One thing to note, is that the friggin' rabbit did share "the machine" at least on one occassion since his famous road trip. If you folks think back to his vacation a couple of years ago. Remember that Kim tossed him and the machine out of the van at his neighbor's abode. Think back if you would to the friggin' rabbits week of play and frivolity with "the machine" and his neighbor Sno Job.
Now I'm sure my pudgy buddy will make a attempt at further deflection, along with all sorts of denials. But it is what it is.
I'm sure it is abundantly clear who has had and continues to have "the machine" in his possession.
Okay pudgy one, your up.
<GBMFG>
Roy