Headlamps for 2001 Dakota?

Lol, don't worry, I didn't take it that way. I'm ex-mil myself, and believe you me there are quite a few garages up here in the North of Scotland who are more than prepared to milk whatever they can out of the two local RAF bases. I, on the other hand, make a few pounds out of honest work and sorting out the screw-ups that the cowboys make! It's strange though, how, once you are trained as an aircraft engineer you then tend to apply the same standards to everything from lawnmowers to trucks.... lol. Take it you were in the Alconbury or Lakenheath area somewhere then? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Spin all ya want there Porky but you're still in the hole. I was just digging a smaller hole next to ya just so you'd have someone to cry to..

I notice the ole girl kinda backed out of this thread......

Denny

So your deserting me for desert huh? Was just doing the best I could given the circumstances.

She's probably at the eye doctor's getting her old (your words) eyes checked.

At least she'll be able to find the correct ingredients when she bakes our CCC's.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

.

te:

Ya know, this is kinda like the old days, a serious thread starts then gets sidetracked 22 different ways. Only missing 15-20 of the old posters tho.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Ya know, this is kinda like the old days, a serious thread starts then gets sidetracked 22 different ways. Only missing 15-20 of the old posters tho.

Denny

Yup, some of them are still around. Just don't want to play. I suppose a lot of them sold their Dodge trucks and moved on to other brands of trucks or cars.

Roy

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Nah, I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show. You two are doing well enough all on your lonesome :)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

I often wonder what happened to them all, too. Especially Mike, who was such a big help when I was overseas (he'd send me parts sometimes). I haven't heard from him since I got back to the US.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Mike still lurks some and can be found more occasionally over on rec.outdoors.rv-travel and Mac is still down Baja somewhere tuning up da machine.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

e:

Mike is alive and well. He's finished his career at the dealership and is now on another venture. I trade e-mails and jokes now and then. There's four or five of the guys that I have kept in touch with. Most got fed up with the flame wars and moved on.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

m...

te:

and Mac is still down Baja somewhere tuning up da

I just caught that. Finially we have evidance to where the "machine" really resides.... And here I was blaming Roy or Red for not sharing it...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

and Mac is still down Baja somewhere tuning up da

I just caught that. Finially we have evidance to where the "machine" really resides.... And here I was blaming Roy or Red for not sharing it...

Denny

A few things come to mind here.

Deflection is not the "friggin' rabbits" strong suit. Spinning might be.

A big sigh of relief is heard from ole wide ride as he scampers back out to the barn to hook up to "the machine", secure in the belief that he is finally above suspicion regarding sharing "the machine".

To refresh everybody's memory this is how it went down many years ago.

The hippy was transporting "the machine" to Red in Washington. At the time there were numerous reports of a Dodge pick up, complete with plow, loaded with carrots(gotta have ballast) screaming west on I-90. The driver, a wide ride, floppy eared fella, was shouting and yelling about White Castle sliders and more carrots. Anyway, when Red and the Hippy met for a meal and came out of the diner the Hippys truck was m/t, "the machine" was gone. On the ground were slider wrappers and carrot leaves.

After reading the above it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what went down.

One thing to note, is that the friggin' rabbit did share "the machine" at least on one occassion since his famous road trip. If you folks think back to his vacation a couple of years ago. Remember that Kim tossed him and the machine out of the van at his neighbor's abode. Think back if you would to the friggin' rabbits week of play and frivolity with "the machine" and his neighbor Sno Job.

Now I'm sure my pudgy buddy will make a attempt at further deflection, along with all sorts of denials. But it is what it is.

I'm sure it is abundantly clear who has had and continues to have "the machine" in his possession.

Okay pudgy one, your up.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

com...

:

Sorry, it took me awhile to dry my eyes and quit laughing.....

I can't wait till I too can retire, sit on my getting fatter by the day ass and concoct this much shit....

But I do have to admit that was some purdy good fiction....

So last week when you were on your road trip, did Mac share???

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Sorry, it took me awhile to dry my eyes and quit laughing.....

I can't wait till I too can retire, sit on my getting fatter by the day ass and concoct this much shit....

But I do have to admit that was some purdy good fiction....

So last week when you were on your road trip, did Mac share???

Denny

If your as got any fatter the ICC would have put marker lights on it!

It took you awhile 'cause you were trying to figure how to say "Roy you are totally correct, that's how it went down".

Either that or you were stuffing your pudgy cheeks with sliders.

Fiction???WTF!!!! You know that it was factual.

Now you know where I was on the road trip. Thinking about it, I saw snow! Friggin' horrible, first time in 4 years. Anyway if I continued north on I-75 I could have asked you if you'd share "the machine".

Here's one for anybody who remembers.

Who was it that first brought the machine to AADT?? They had a pic of one as well.

I don't remember.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (12/4/2009 4:42 PM):

I have no idea but it was before my time. Of course, I don't remember if I first got here in 2000 when I was researching my truck, or 2003.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Well, tell 'im I said Hi!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

ote:

I did and he sends a "Hi" back to ya. I told him of the rumer that you're sending cc cookies out as Christmas presents to see if he'll drop in for a bit. We'll see..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Have the lenses started to turn yellow and hazy?? If so, there is a polishing kit that I got from Advance auto that works great. Chuck it up in a cordless drill, use the three different grits of sandpaper and then the polish. Works great. Then install some Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. My ole truck went from being borderline unsafe to drive at night to a real pleasure to drive.

Your welcome. Now send me some cookies while ole Roy is on the road!!

Denny

I'll second the vote on the Silverstars! They are quite good, but pricey though. I've got the Silverstar Ultra's in the ol' Ram... along with the heated leather seats!

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Real trucks don't have heated leather bun warmers!!!

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Real trucks don't have heated leather bun warmers!!!

Denny

Oh, great!! I came out of retirement for this shit agin'

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Absolutely true. Want the seats warmed, you tell yer woman to go out and sit for a while...

Sadly I've never experienced warm seats...

Reply to
PeterD

Hi Mike, how ya been?

Regards the seat warmers "wide ride" is bustn' your chops about. You have to remember how large a seat it would require to heat his buns. Probably also need a donkey for the gen to get up enough juice to power the warmers.

Roy

Reply to
Roy