Headlight and parking light problem

Hi, I need help with a little problem.
My dodge ram has a problem with the parking lights. all lights work but for some reason when I turn the lights the break lights refuse to work.
could someone please help. I have already chaged the headlight swith along with the harness, I have purchased three headlight switches and i harness.
thanks Veronica
veronica wrote:

Hi, Veronica. What year Ram do you have? Do your brake lights work normally when the park/headlamps are off? What happens when you turn on the hazard lights?
--
Ken

it is a 1995 dodge ram, 1500. The brake lights do work normally when the headlights are off, hazards work well too.
veronica
Nosey wrote:

Check to make sure that you didn't fit the bulbs in backwards. They are keyed to fit in one way but it is really not that difficult to get them in backwards. These bulbs have two filaments with one considerably brighter than the other and putting them in backwards puts the bright filament on the parking light connection instead of the brake connection.. An easy way to tell is to have someone else get in the truck and step on the brake. With you watching the tail lights and their foot still on the brake (brake lights lit), have them turn on the parking lights. If the lights get even brighter than they were with just the brake on, you have the bulbs in backwards. If they are, just remove them, turn them 180 degrees and put them back in. Good luck.
"veronica" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

My guess is a bad turn signal switch, or multi-function switch, whatever they call it this week.
check your fuses if good ,possible brakelight switch is bad
"veronica" wrote:
> Hi, I need help with a little problem. > > My dodge ram has a problem with the parking lights. all lights > work but > for some reason when I turn the lights the break lights refuse > to work. > > could someone please help. I have already chaged the headlight > swith > along with the harness, I have purchased three headlight > switches and i > harness. > > thanks > Veronica
On 16 Jan 2007 21:08:16 -0800, "veronica"

Sounds like a grounding problem to me. An open ground can cause some really strange problems in multi-fliment bulb circuits.
"Leroy"