Heard from Mac!

> Took your advice...I dropped the oil pan and found what looks like a > > large

> > retaining ring in pieces...looks to have a 4 inch diameter...it almost > > looks like it belongs with the Reverse band... > > I hate when that happens... one of our former tranny experts here (Gary > G, > for those that remember) used to call those "identifiable chunks", and > when > you have chunks that you can actually identify, that's bad... > > 4" diameter is more along the lines of a thrust washer - the reverse band > is > larger than that. But that detail aside, I still think you found your > problem. > > > Can this be replaced without removing the transmission? > > Nope - gotta take it out and tear it down. Sorry the news isn't better.

I wonder if Gary G. is still alive and kicking, anyone heard form him or Budd for that matter?

Nothing on Gary. Budd? A few tried to reach him with the phone numbers we had. Nada. He was at the last pretty much out to lunch, might have had a stroke or some such.

Mac emailed today. Say's things are going along nicely. Say's HI!. He's making money doing his wood working and loving it. He is still waiting for internet at the house. He has to go to some cantina to get on, that he says is a pia.

Reply to
Roy

thanks for the info. i envy mac. that has to be a slower more tranquil life down there. but then i envy you too, being retired........it sounds good. i keep thinking i'm gonna pull the plug, but then i stick around. sooner or later i will do it though.

as for budd, it would be nice to know how he is doing. i hope he is well physically. i googled him on the net and in utah (i think that was where he was) but came up with nothing.

Reply to
theguy

He mentioned a couple of times of moving back to Canon City, Co. I don't know if he ever did tho.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

What??? Making money in Mexico? I hope he has his papers. Glad he is doing well, tell him howdy for me.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

I guess when works stops being fun. Then it is time to go do somthing else, or nothing. After 35 years of playing trains it was time to leave.

Reply to
Roy

I'll let him know you were asking.

Roy