heater fan on 02 durango

The fan on my 02 durango doesn't work on the first three settings. You have to turn the fan on max to get heat then it blows like crazy. The max setting
for the fan is the only one that works. Heat works fine ists just the fan that is acting up. It seems weird because I only have 32k on the vehicle and 90% of those miles are highway miles from long trips down south where I was using the AC.
sounds to me like you need a new resistor.
--
-Chris
Chris Thompson wrote:

Try here. It's for a 2001 Durango, but it's probably similar to the 2002... You use the same blower motor for the heat that you do the A/C, and it makes no difference if it's in-town, or highway. I've had to install two in my wife's '99 Dodge Ram van, so far....
http://www.gtrippleb.com/auto/durango/tech/durango_blower_resistor.htm
Dave Young
spoilaz1 via CarKB.com wrote:

setting for the fan is the only one that works. Heat works fine ists just the fan that is acting up. It seems weird because I only have 32k on the vehicle and 90% of those miles are highway miles from long trips down south where I was using the AC.

thank you for the clarity DAVE...i am going to the dealer tomorrow to get a new one...10 bucks...thats fine with me