Heater kills

When i took my foot off the gas it would die. Went and got some fuel inject cleaner. started the truck and it stayed running. let it run for 10 minutes or so, and then took it for a trip around the block. it
ran fine. got home turned on the heater and it died. Turned the heater off and it started fine turned it on, died. The check engine light for the past 2 years or so, has came on whenever i turned the heat on. Any ideas?
Its a 98 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.2
Thanks, dakota1126
dakota1126 wrote:

--
.boB
On Order: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Yep. Get a code reader, and find out what codes are being set.
"" wrote: > > Any ideas? > > Yep. Get a code reader, and find out what codes are being > set.
Thanx for the help guys. Found out it was the Throtle Possision Sensor.

beekeep
Of course, we do.
He hasn't written, "X" as a spelling for, "left handed dinglewidget with the coarse threads holding the thingamabob to the whatsit which broke when I ran over a hive full of bees on steroids."
VBG
(gotcha!!!)
Budd