heater motor

I have a 2004 Dakota that will not blow air hot or cold in the interior. All fuses are ok. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the next step.

Will the blower motor not turn on ANY setting, or will it only run on the max setting? If it won't turn at all, and you're sure both the fuse and the blower motor relay are good, you need to disconnect the blower motor and test it separately. If it's bad, replace it.
If it will run, but only on the max setting, then your resistor pack is shot, and simply needs replacement.
Suddenly, without warning, Tom Lawrence exclaimed (7/31/2007 10:53 AM):

FYI, been there, done that. I've been through three resistors in my 2001 Dakota. It's a pretty well-known issue that I'd have hoped they'd fixed by 2004. The first died in 2003, the second died 10 months later, but ::whispering:: the third is still working fine.
I didn't want to say that too loud, might jinx it :)
jmc
On Jul 30, 9:23 pm, "Tom Lawrence"

Thanks for the response Tom. The blower motor will not turn on at any setting on the dashboard control. I took the blower motor out of the truck and connected it directly to the battery and it worked. I would assume I could eliminate that as being the problem. As for the resistor pack, I am not familiar with what I amlooking for or where it is located and could greatly use the help. Thanks

Yep
It's a littel block with a 4-wire connector on it. It's usually found in the bottom of the HVAC box. However, since you said the motor won't even run in full-speed mode, the resistor block probably isn't your issue (since the wiring through the resistor block is bypassed when the fan speed is set to max).
Double-check the fuse - then check the blower motor relay. Swap it with another relay (the horn relay's a good candidate - you know that one's good if your horn works). If that's not it, you need to trace out the wiring with a meter, and find where it's either been damaged, or where a ground is loose. A wiring diagram would make this task much easier. http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder doesn't have an '04 diagram, but it does have an '05, which should at least be of some help.