Heater motor

Here is a strange one (to me). At time my heater motor fan will not come on. I notice that when this happens that when I shut the truck off and take the key out the steering wheel is not locked. If I turn the key one and bounce the tilt wheel up and down a few time I can get it to work.

This is on my 2003 Dodge RAM Diesel.

Any thoughts on what is going one here?

Thanks

Reply to
Bob Newkirk

Not sure on the '03s, but previous year Rams only locked the steering wheel upside-down.

If I turn the key one and

My guess would be a bad ignition switch/loose wire in the connector. Pin #8 on the connector (dark green wire) is the dedicated feed for the blower motor, fed by a 40A fuse (fuse #4) on pin #1 of the connector (pink/black wire).

Is it still under warranty?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence