Hello all new to the group

Hello all just purchased a 1998 2wd Ram 1500 club cab, it has the 318 in it and I was just wondering what, if anything,Dodge has done to change this motor the last 318 I had was in a 72 Plymouth Scamp and
that was probably the easiest motor to work on for me. I have owned 2 other Ram's a 97 diesel dually 3500 and a 02 diesel dually.(had to get rid of the last one after my divorce to cover some bills). Anyway I got a killer deal on this truck it was one owner and he's been a mechanic at the Dodge dealer I go to for about 20 years. The only problems really are interior. (he is about 300+) when I got in the truck I sunk in the seat because he had removed the springs because they were hurting his butt. The only other issue is that the headliner has begun to separate right at the windshield and I was wondering if there is a special adhesive I can purchase to repair it that won't bleed through the grey headliner. If anyone knows their upolstery could they please help me. Thanks all,
Jason

Pretty much everything above the block... heads are different, intake, and of course the fuel injection. You can't adjust the timing anymore, nor can you change the fuel curves without adding electronics, or re-programming the PCM (powertrain control module - aka the computer).
Sorry I can't help you on the interior stuff...
Found decent headliner adhesive that won't bleed through. Was thinking about the stage 2 HP chip from Summit. Might have another issue with the flowmaster on the truck, There's no top end. I 'm not sure if I've lost back pressure or what. Just seems like the power's getting lost somewhere.

3M Super 77 spray adhesive comes to mind: "High tack, high coverage and fast drying for permanently attaching foils, carpeting, lightweight paper, cardboard, felt and, cloth to painted or unpainted metals, wood and hardboard." There is also 3M Super Trim Adhesive 08090: "Aerosol contact adhesive designed for bonding vinyl tops, heavyweight liners and hood silencer pads where high strength and heat resistance are needed." Both are considered contact adhesives. An autobody supply company should have them. Eastwood (http://www.eastwood.com /) and Year-One (http://www.yearone.com /) have the latter. Bryan
"" wrote: > Hello all just purchased a 1998 2wd Ram 1500 club cab, it has > the 318 > in it and I was just wondering what, if anything,Dodge has > done to > change this motor the last 318 I had was in a 72 Plymouth > Scamp and > that was probably the easiest motor to work on for me. I have > owned 2 > other Ram's a 97 diesel dually 3500 and a 02 diesel > dually.(had to get > rid of the last one after my divorce to cover some bills). > Anyway I got > a killer deal on this truck it was one owner and he's been a > mechanic > at the Dodge dealer I go to for about 20 years. The only > problems > really are interior. (he is about 300+) when I got in the > truck I sunk > in the seat because he had removed the springs because they > were > hurting his butt. The only other issue is that the headliner > has begun > to separate right at the windshield and I was wondering if > there is a > special adhesive I can purchase to repair it that won't bleed > through > the grey headliner. If anyone knows their upolstery could they > please > help me. > Thanks all, > > Jason
there is a fabric glue you can buy. you can usually find it at craft stores (you know, the ones that never in history has a straight guy walked into alone). what I have found to work reasonable well is a good double stick tape for a temp fix. just remember to try the glue on a tiny spot first.