help again please

Hi you all!
My next project just bit me in the back side. 93 w250 with 5.9/360 motor I seam to be one tooth off on the oil pump and distributor gear.The motor is back in the truck and my magnet I
used to pull the gear when I primed the oil system is not working this time. Any suggestions.
Thanks

Shove a long flat blade screwdriver into the slot on top of the oil pump drive gear, twist it and the gear will rise up off of the camshaft, you can then turn the gear to where it needs to be.
On Sun, 30 May 2010 05:53:30 -0500, aarcuda69062

Thanks had not thought of that. will try it when it gets light here.
On Sun, 30 May 2010 05:53:30 -0500, aarcuda69062

thanks again It worked like a charm. still it took 10 times to get back that one tooth and my first knuckle looks like shot gun target from a screw that I could not see from the angle I was viewing. but it does run like a top so I think it was worth it.

What's a little blood to a true mechanic?