HELP!! Keyless entry programming

I bought a used 2004 Durango and of course only one transmitter and missing owners manual. These are the integrated key/transmitters that have to programmed or the truck won't run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jay

Reply to
Jay Orcutt

Ok, what's the question?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Reply to
Jay Orcutt

If you only have one key, you cannot do this yourself. For the owner to be able to "self-program" the SKIM key, it requires two "good" keys. To obtain a new key and programming, will require a visit to the dealer or a locksmith who has the programming capabilities (few do).

Hope this helps!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

This is exactly what I had to do about a month ago. I recently bought a 2000 Dodge Ram, and it came with only 1 key and 1 keyless entry fob. I went to Dodge and got a new key and keyless entry fob.

Cost about $55.00.

Peace of mind having a duplicate set: Priceless

Mark "Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't"

Reply to
Mark Filice