HELP!!Mod to 2001 1500 Quadcab for towing 22' motorboat

Page 2 of 7

Must you always be an asshole? While it does not "produce" torque, it does deliver it to the rest of the drive train. Changing the gear ratio like he said WILL reduce the amount of torque the transmission will have to deliver so what he said is still valid. What is not valid is the ridicules gearing he recommends for what amounts to not that much work and the way it will kill the trucks mileage for little benefit.

Which is E X A C T L Y what the transmission does, just by a different method. BTW, I hope that you do realize that as the turbine reaches the stator speed, the torque multiplication is gone sort of like the final gear ration of 1 to 1 in non-overdrive transmissions. Both the torque converter and transmission are nothing more than torque transmission and modification devices.

does
LOL, what an idiot. Please explain exactly how the TC makes torque. The fact is Gary that the only thing that "makes" torque is the engine so now you are as wrong as you claim SnoMan to be, LOL!

TBone wrote:

Where did he say it made torque? I believe he said "conversion". Clay

does
he
deliver
gearing
input
gear
converter
modification
The
now
Conversion of what from what? His words were "The transmission cannot 'produce' any torque, but the torque converter does make the above conversion" which sounds to me like the TC is converting something into torque or IOW, producing torque and how is this any different than the gears of the transmission?

does
he
deliver
gearing
input
gear
converter
modification
Jesus, Mary, Joseph, all 12 apostles and pontius F*cking Pilate, you are a dense asshole
first off the realtionship your are referring to is berween turbine and IMPELLER, not stator
and by the way, Braniac, the turbine can only reach about 94% of impeller speed

you need a lesson in reading comprehension, BoneHead
'the torque converter makes the above conversion' refres to the statement in the preceeding paragraph, namely:' the converter (think about the name) takes higher RPM, lower torque input and converts it to lower RPM, higher torque output'
God Damn It, you are one stupid fuck, do you realize how easy it is to disembowel your ass, over and over again ?

high
Nice language, little angry biy.

My mistake, wrong name but the relationship still holds.

And even there, any torque multiplication is gone and since just about ALL factory torque converters are locking now, your 94% number is no longer true.

The
now
No, you need one in both sentence structure and transmission theory it seems.

in
Which is E X A C T L Y what the transmission does in first and second gear, asshole, which makes you contrast between the transmission and the TC as far as torque completely meaningless and as usual, incorrect. Hell, even in reverse the transmission reduces RMP and increases torque while reversing the direction. You may know how to rebuild a transmission, but you seem to be intent on proving just how little you really know about them.

Only in your tiny immature mind. Now please explain exactly how the torque increase from the TC is any different than the torque increase from the transmission in its lower gears. Now I don't want to hear how it is done differently, just how the result is in any way different and try to keep the language on an adult level for a change.

This from the same guy who didn't know the difference between an impeller and a stator? :)
I know the difference but said the wrong name, get over it.

"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Prove it :)
Bite me :-)

"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
You know the difference? Great, then tell us which one is attached to what shaft.
--
Max

The impeller is connected to the engine (actually part of the TC housing) while the turbine and stator are each on their own shafts and go to the transmission. The stator shaft is held in a fixed position while the turbine shaft drives the trans.

"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
Wow, musta got out the book. If thats the case, keep reading, and you'll see where Gary is correct in what he's been telling you.
--
Max

Gary is full of shit here and so are you, or are you just bored? Either way, he stopped responding which is what he usually does when he realizes he is wrong so this thread should be just about done.

"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
No, its what we all do when we realize your head is secured firmly up your ass by a rope that seems drawn tight around your neck and secured to your tongue.
--
Max

Really????? Then why did he keep going on and on and on and on in the last K&N thread about his fuzzy math. Oh yea, because he thought he was right that time and you are once again wrong, imagine that!

"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
what part of
3% / 2% = 150% is wrong ?

an
How about 3% / 2% = 1.5% just like 3 / 2 = 1.5 not 150. Care to try again and BTW, thank you for more than proving my point, LOL!

"TranSurgeon" < snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.dotcom> wrote in message

than I

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:36:04 GMT, "TranSurgeon"

Oh I get it, it's hard to type while you are on your knees with your mouth full.
beekeep
LOL