HELP!!Mod to 2001 1500 Quadcab for towing 22' motorboat

Page 3 of 7

"AND 3% / 2% = 1.5% any way you try to spin it."
you want to re-think that, or should I just keep humiliating your sorry ass ?

3 / 2 = 1.5 and when you can disprove that, then you win and until then, it is just fuzzy math. While 3 may be 150% more than 2, 3 / 2 is still only 1.5, regardless of the units attached to those numbers. And like I said, you fight like hell when you think that you are right but pretty much drop it otherwise, as in the quadcab thread.

that's correct.

That's incorrect. It can be said that 3 is 150% _of_ 2, or that 3 is 50% greater than 2.

correct.
1.5 is the same as 150%.
The rule is actually simple: a percent is 1/100.

LOL, and I made that same argument more than once, my mistake.

I know that but a percentage of a percentage is just fuzzy math. I never said that the math was incorrect which is something that Gary just doesn't seem to get. It is called fuzzy math because it doesn't always accurately represent a given situation. Small percentages can sometimes reflect huge numeric differences and microscopic differences can be reflected with huge percentages both of which can deceive the person reading them, especially if the percentage is all that they see.

3% / 2% = 1.5 %
you really need to stop digging, it's not helping

And you really need to stop proving my point. Like I said, when you think that you are right, you fight like hell, even to the point of starting all new threads on the subject. Where are the threads or even responses on the origional Quadcab thread, point made, conversation over.

your surrender is noted

As is your defeat in the actual thread subject.

[you guys aren't trimming your posts again... come on now...]

Didn't you JUST say:
"point made, conversation over."
It really bothers me when someone declares a debate "over", "finished", "my last word on the subject", etc. - but just HAS to make sure he gets the last word in. It's dishonest, disingenuous, disrespectful... and probably a few more dis's, too.

Yeah, like "Dis ain' daway persents work, idz DIS way......."
--
Max

Tbone wins!!! He gets the "Tbone math answer" as his share of the goods.....so lets see....
3% / 2% = 1.5%
Gary will get the real math share at.....
3% / 2% = 150%
Winner: Tbone....
Wait, um..... Tbone, ya wanna calculate that again?
--
Max

Sorry Max, but the percentage thing isn't the subject of the thread. But hey, I'll admit that I wasn't paying attention and got the percentage thing wrong as far as the 3% / 2% thing wrong, big deal. The fuzzy math thing is still correct and is also not the subject of the thread (at least not the intended subject). The actual subject was Gary's attack on a poster about being accurate on the inability of production of torque from a transmission and then went on to prove himself wrong.

"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
Doesn't appear to matter what the subject of the thread is, you are incorrect on both counts.
--
Max

Only in your little mind Max, but I expected nothing less.

"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
And I expected nothing less than name calling by you.
BTW guys, I get 5 points for the "little mind" comment. Who is at the top of the leader board right now?
--
Max

I still show Gary in the lead with at least 4 "asshole"s, 6 "idiot"s, at least one "little angry boy", and several others that I just don't feel like looking up :)
What I find more amusing is that despite the above counts, he actually posted:
"Back to name calling I see. How did Max put it, oh yea, the first sign of a losing argument."
Yea, I'm the only one doing it or even the one who started it. Like they say, people see only what they want to see.

"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Dammit!! I'm obviously not working hard enough at this.

The first sign of Tbone losing an argument is the subject line which includes his name as the source of a post.
-- Max
Give a man a match, and he is warm for a short while. Light him on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Sorry Max, I'm still waiting for a single answer from you on the subject. You claim to be an expert here and I admittedly am not and yet I am right and you are, well, just being you.

"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message

You're right - the subject is what mods would be necessary to allow a 1/2-ton 2WD automatic truck to tow a 22' boat 1 mile each weekend.
So what the hell are you doing arguing 4th grade math problems?