HELP!!Mod to 2001 1500 Quadcab for towing 22' motorboat

Gary is full of shit here and so are you, or are you just bored? Either way, he stopped responding which is what he usually does when he realizes he is wrong so this thread should be just about done.

Reply to
TBone

No, its what we all do when we realize your head is secured firmly up your ass by a rope that seems drawn tight around your neck and secured to your tongue.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Really????? Then why did he keep going on and on and on and on in the last K&N thread about his fuzzy math. Oh yea, because he thought he was right that time and you are once again wrong, imagine that!

Reply to
TBone

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: >
But Tbone you missing the point. When a engine it running well below its VE it still takes the same HP to roll truck down the road and the engine has to work harder and make more torque are lower RPM and reduced efficency to make the HP needed to roll truck. Raise the RPM some and engien needs to make less torque to make same HP and is closer to VE to so efficency is better and less fuel is used per HP Hour

Reply to
SnoMan

not done responding, just post something with substance and I'll shoot it down again

message

Reply to
TranSurgeon

what part of

3% / 2% = 150% is wrong ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

And to take it further if your cruise at say 1700 RPM and have a max torque of 70% of peak availible that give you only about 68 HP at flywheel or about 45 to 50 at wheel which is barely enough to cruise and the eninge will be working as higher cylinder pressure in a unefficent stay to try to make it and be using more fuel to make HP than it should (not to mention higher bearing and ring pressure too which can lead to short than optimum life of engine)

Reply to
SnoMan

Snoman, I can give you a real world example of gear changes. In my '95 1500, it came with 3.55 gears and I usually got about 17-17.5 mpg at approx 65-70 mph. I changed the diffs to 3.92 cause I needed more gear for what I use the truck for. Since the change, my highway mileage has dropped to 14.5-15 mpg running the same speed.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

How about 3% / 2% = 1.5% just like 3 / 2 = 1.5 not 150. Care to try again and BTW, thank you for more than proving my point, LOL!

Reply to
TBone

IOW, you have no valid reply.

Reply to
TBone

Hauling his fat ass around. A couple of more holiday meals and he will be changing to 4:56's.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

My 2000 Chevy K3500 SRW with a 350 gets 16 to 17mpg on hiway with A/C on and about 13 in town with 4.10 gears and stock tires. My 89 4x4 burb with 3.73?s and tiny stock tires gets 18MPG at 65 to 70 mph. My wifes 2000 Cherokee with 4 banger, a 5 speed and 4.10 gears gets 21 to

22 around town and 27 to 29 on highway on the few trips we have taken it on. I drove a 05 1500 silverado loaner with a 5.3 in it a few weeks ago for a few days and it had 3.42 gears and it was a dog on the highway in OD and used about as much gas while I had it as my K3500 did which weighed more. In your case I am guessing you had a 318 or 360 which tends to be more efficent at lower RPMs unlike the 4.7 we are talking about here.
Reply to
SnoMan

Dude, why is this so hard for you to comprehend? The 3.55 gears are the best ones for normal driving in that truck. If they were not, they wouldn't be there since it costs DC NOTHING to put a different ratio in when it is being built and if they could get both better mileage AND better towing ability for NO COST AT ALL, there is no sane reason not to do it. Your comparisons are invalid since the only DC product you mentioned was a 4 cylinder Jeep and everything else was a GM of some type and with what you are saying, you seem like a lead foot. Denny owns the truck and says that his mileage dropped and he only went to a 3.92, never mind the 4.56 that you are suggesting. I would also like to know where you are getting your rather lame HP ratings from.

Reply to
TBone

Talk about not keeping my back covered......

How ya been Roy? You got that new Cummins broke in yet??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Can we kill the top poasters furst?

Reply to
MoParMaN

Then take aim at people that can't spell...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

and you have no understanding that a torque converter cannot 'create torque'

Reply to
TranSurgeon

oh, look

a net-nanny