HELP!!Mod to 2001 1500 Quadcab for towing 22' motorboat

Page 4 of 7

He's arguing something other than the subject because he cannot offer any knowledge on the subject. Happens every time he proves he doesn't know by saying something stupid. Ya call him on it, and he goes to another subject to prove he knows SOMETHING, and he screws that up too.
Tbone, for this answer, you need to call me two names, and assert that I'm too stupid to live. If you do that, I get 30 points and a guaranteed position in the playoffs.
--
Max

Sorry to disappoint ya Max, but I'm so far ahead of you due to Gary's constant name calling, you simply don't stand a chance, even if I called you every name I could come up with and as you well know, I can come up with them rather quickly although you kinda help me with that.

I'd suggest that you go back and re-read what he wrote:
'3% / 2 % = 1.5 %'

I see you figured it out
good luck on explaining it to BoneHead
TranSurgeon wrote:

Are you still trying to pass of your stupidity as math........ "A percentage is a certain proportion of a particular value. It always relies on 100% as the "complete" value and 0% as the "non-existent" value. Therefore, 200% is twice the complete value. To explain this, an alloy may be 25% steel and 75% copper. Therefore there is 3 times as much copper as there is steel. If an employee had a 200% increase in salary, his salary would be 3 times as big. This is because he would have twice the complete value on top of his original salary". Must not be able to find any little old ladies to rip off lately.......
Jerry

yes, Braniac
and the RATIO between any two numbers (percentages included) can itself be expressed as a percentage
in your example above, the ratios between the steel and copper can be expressed as 'there is 300% as mush copper as steel' or
75% / 25% = 300%

any time you have any proof of that, be my guest, post it, BOY
TranSurgeon wrote:

No stupid ..... you in your example started with one whole number...metal. You then broke it down to two different metals, copper and steel and now you have two whole numbers which you are now comparing against each other. Each of those whole numbers have a value of 100%. You can't divide percentage into percentage of the same value and get added value. You've been blabbering this garbage for years now and still haven't learned. Want to try again bright boy.........

Don't need to....... everyone already know what a shade tree fake you are.
Jerry

I don't have to do anything, you just proved my point far beyond anything I could post

Truly brilliant in the hypocrisy of it all. Jerry whines about me coming "just for an argument", and then goes off and jumps in one for himself.
Must be a friggin amusement park. Only, I don't deny my motives.
--
Max

see his exceedingly brilliant reply where I point out that the ratio between 75% and 25% can be expressed as a percentage............

Yeah. What kills me is, a common calculator (like mine that is pushing 30 years old) can tell you the proper percentage, and they all think its going to prove their point.
Maybe "new" math is to blame.....
--
Max

not done responding, just post something with substance and I'll shoot it down again

IOW, you have no valid reply.

"TranSurgeon" < snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.dotcom> wrote in message
and you have no understanding that a torque converter cannot 'create torque'

Sorry Gary, but I never said that it could.

"TranSurgeon" < snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.dotcom> wrote in message
no, but you defended that erroneous statement
you never said it was incorrect, just jump on my correction
you truly are an idiot, incapable of admitting your screw-ups

What statement would that be? You were the one to say that it was false and then went out of your way to prove that it was true. Now before you completely spin it, the key word was produce, not create.

Because your correction served no purpose but to jump on somebody over semantics.

Where did I screw up Gary? You accused me of doing something that I didn't do and admitted to it here and accused someone of being wrong and then went on to prove that he was in fact correct. Talk about someone being unable to admit to screw-ups.

now, spin as you will, that statement is dead wrong
admit it
But what does this have to do with the thread subject, oh, that's right, nothing.

"TranSurgeon" < snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.dotcom> wrote in message

RED HERRING ALERT !!!!! WHOOP_WHOOP_WHOOP !!!!!!!!!
where, exactly, did I say it was different ?
for that matter, where was the gear reduction ever mentioned, except by you ?
my entire reply was based on the erroneous statement, specifically the last 11 words of the following from 'Snoman':
"> We are actually in partial agreement here but this is also the reason

he said that the 'tranny' 'produces' torque (actually he said 'products', but we'll let that pass since I've already told him he needs to be precise in his wording)
I said no, the transmission does not 'produce' torque, but the converter changes high-rpm/low torque output of the engine to lower-rpm/higher-torque output
NOWHERE did he or I mention gear ratio, he said (once more since you have problems comprehending things) that 'the tranny has to produce less torque'
the 'tranny' (God, will you folks grow up and call it a transmission, fer Chrissakes !) cannot 'produce torque'.......it can convert it, in the converter, or it can change ratios between input and output shafts and thus convert hi-R/lo-T input to low-R/hi-T output, but it CANNOT PRODUCE torque, only a power source such as the engine can do that
now, study up, there will be a test in the morning which will count as 50% of your total grade