HELP!!Mod to 2001 1500 Quadcab for towing 22' motorboat

Page 7 of 7
I would think that as well since I did order mine with the towing package and my gears are 3.55.

"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

yeah... our ram is 3.55 and it pulls our travel trailer just fine... We slow down for BIG grades... to maybe 40 - 45 mph at about 3,200 rpm... I can't imagine what rpm we'd be turning with a 4:10 rear end!
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Its not you......he will do jus fine.
Henry

"Tom Lawrence" wrote:

I had a 21 foot inboard once and it was HEAVY and it was "exciting" on a steep boat ramp with a 1/2 ton truck with stock gears before I regeared it let me tell you. It only takes one steep ramp on a hot day tp cook a tranny sometimes because when it is stalling, it makea a lot of heat. Sure I lot of peple get by with bandaid steup and that fine if they want to but when I tow I want to be able to handle anything the load can possible present. I took my boat on several 400 mile round trips after I regeared down through the hilld of KY in summer heat to with no surprizes or problems which is more than I can say for some of the other boat towers I saw.
Hubmachineatgmail.com wrote:

tranny (car or truck) should have one if you live/drive where it routinly gets over 80*; or if you do any kind of towing at all, no matter where you live/drive.. Go to the bone yard and get the stock parts for an easy install. That will be more than enough. I wouldn't bother re-gearing, unless you really want to. If you don't have LSD, you should consider that up grade. Boat ramps can get a little slick. You don't say what engine you have. But as long as it's not a V6, it should have plenty of power.
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!
Hubmachineatgmail.com wrote:

-------------------------------- I realize this is a Dodge group (I've got a Maxiwagon), but for many years I pulled a 24 foot pontoon boat on a double axle trailer with a '94 Astro van. Just added a good hitch and a wiring kit. It was about a 50 mile round trip. You should be just fine with your setup.
Mark