HELP !! please :) 4wd 3.9 tranny same as 318 v8

I was told my 1994 3.9 v6 dodge 4x4 tranny will bolt up to the 318 but they say the torque converter may have to be used from the 318 ?. Is this true ?.. All the tranny rebuilders say not eh wreckers says yes Thanx for
any advice and tips
oh yes... both are 1994 as the tranny is 2 year app for 1994/1995 dakota v6 or v8.

It'll bolt up, both are zero balanced. The stall speed of the converter is probably different but I doubt you'll notice the difference if any.
thank you.. I think the tranny shops wanted me to buy new off them.. Makes eme mad though

The 3.9 is a "cut down" 318 / 5.2 block, so ask them why wouldn't it fit and see what they say. Ought to be good for some laughs.
Budd

I called the tranny shop and they said it was a miss understanding.. the magnum 3.9 is the same the old one wasn't and tried saying I didn't specify the right info LOL I told em 94 Dakota...they only cameMagnum v6/v8 odd 360. and then they said said.. "oh.. I meant the old 3.9 is different.. " LOL Then he had the balls to say the plugs are all different and after about 2 min more he said I haven't got time to argue.. LMFAO ! The guy getting this tranny is 70 years old truck has 508,000kms on it and he don't go over 80kms this tranny will out live the truck. !

<LOL>
Sounds like a typical "parts changer" shop.
And my thanks to you for helping the gentleman out with his repairs.
Budd

I thank everyone here for helping on this.. I was starting to think I was losing my mind when I heard the 3.9 and 5.8 had different blocks.. Kinda like saying a 4.3 chev and 350 bell are different.. LMFAO

I'll surprise you a bit more-
The V-10 is a "small block" engine. Essentially, the basic block design and many internals are small block influenced.
Budd

damn ! Just when you think you know a little, someone shows you that you oly know half of what you think you know

Don't worry about it. Chrysler has always done things a bit differently.
Budd