Help with disabling anyonce's

Hello, I have a quad cab 2007 RAM LARAMIE 3500 6.7 This is what I would like to disable on it.

  1. The stupid bell and light that comes on when the seatbelt is not in use. I would like something better then a physical work around on the user end of the seat belt.
  2. I would like to be able to use the remote to lock and unlock and the doors when the vehicle is running.Currently that can be done until the truck is driven. Then the remote feature is disabled until the truck is turned off and restarted.
3.The dumb ass panic switch that I and every other guy does not need. For it goes off unexpectedly. They could have at the very least recessed that button.

Thats is about if for now. I wonder can I go to the dealer and have them reprogram the ecm with my specs?

And what last thing, Shouldnt there be a way to set the engine idle up to 1000 rpm by using the cruise control swtihces?

Thank you for your help.

Dan.

Note to Dodge, I already had a mother. I don't need your suits to put these assinine dumb ass idiotic politically correct so called features on my pick-up. Damn it.

Reply to
guitardangroups

I believe the dealer can program it that way. At least they could on my older Ram.

The remote is part of they key. So are you wanting to leave one key in the car while its running and use a 2nd key/remote to lock it? If the idea is to let it idle to warm up then get the Mopar remote start kit.

Ya, I hit mine at times too. Same on my 2004 Durango.

You can ask your dealer to program in the high idle option. I have no use for it myself. You can't change idle with cruise controls because those controls won't work unless you're over I believe 30mph.

Reply to
miles

Thank you for your help. I will get with dealer this week and have them take care of this for me. What I was thinking of is to take the key apart and just cutting a trace on the board with a xatco knife. To take the switch out of the circuit.

I like to leave the motor run if I am just going in for a short stop or fueling. That is the idea. Currently I accomplish this by setting personal preferences on the control panel so that only the driver door unlocks when I get out. Then I can use the other key to lock it physically.

I have had cat and cummins motors in trucks where the cruise control switches are duel use. At a stand still you could use them to bring the idle up to 1500 rpms variably. That was nice when have road close and you need to idle for hours at a time in 5 degree weather.

By the way. I thinking of buying a Durango for the wife. What are your thoughts on that. She likes things quite and comfortable and does not really like the ride of my one ton, Cant blame her there.

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
guitardangroups

Back when they used separate fobs for the keyless entry, many people would take them apart, and dab a bit of epoxy, thick CA glue, or clear nail polish over the contacts of the panic alarm. That would effectively disable the switch, and you could re-enable it by scraping it off the contacts if so desired.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

My wife loves her 2004 Hemi 4x4 Durango. It's a big vehicle so not for everyone but she doesn't like small cars etc. Drives very smooth compared to my truck. It seats 7 and works out well for family sightseeing trips. New ones seat 8.

Reply to
miles

You may want to refer to your owner's manual on this

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons