help with my dodge please

Page 1 of 2
about one week ago I tried to start my truck. nothing it just clicked .so i put some dry gas in and heated the truck up and nothing so i looked at the plugs and replaced them. it started right up no problem.
as i was driving it chugs. the more i accelerate the more it chugs my check engine light blinks when it chugs then goes off when it returns normal. not i came upona stop sign and when i went to go it chuged then stalled out now my cel stays on and blinks still when it feel like its starving for gas its a 98 dodge dakota 3.9 2wd thanks
Sounds like either a failing fuel pump or perhaps a bad tank of fuel.
< snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Could be a fuel filter, but since most fuel problems are not monitored by the PCM, and your CEL is coming on, I'd check for codes before assuming anything else.
--
Max

Most fuel problems are not monitored, Hahahahahahahahahaha. About the only fuel problem that is not monitored is fuel pressure directly.
"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
"Most fuel problems are not monitored, Hahahahahahahahahaha." Max made a correct statement in this context not sure what is so funny about that. If you take his statement to the logical level it in fact can not be proven wrong; as anybody can think up more problems than are on the fixed PCM detection list.
If you think so, please give me a list of fuel problems that are not monitored. If what he said is true, your list should be quite long.
"T.Diesel" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
As should your list of what is monitored. But I didn't see that in your post? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Are you not the one who made the claim? Try backing up what you say. I already said that it pretty much monitors everything short of direct fuel pressure. It monitors rich run, lean run, misfires and which cylinder which pretty much catches all fuel delivery problems. Your turn.
"T.Diesel" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
TBone said "...catches all fuel delivery problems" funny how you are already backpedaling. Since when was this a fuel delivery problem? Yes nice slight bit of word play to shift away from the fact you were wrong. And for the record I made no claim only pointed out the obvious. Good luck with that all encompassing list you got going there buddy.
How is this backpedaling, shit for brains? What other problems could there be besides delivery problems that are fuel related that would keep the engine from running? And for that matter, you didn't point out shit. All you said was that Max made a correct statement which in this case (like so many others) he did not and you were completely unable to back up any of it. Now stay in your corner until you actually have something of value to post or at least not make a fool out of yourself.
"T.Diesel" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

Talk about not taking ones own advice..........
Denny

Ouch! That will leave a mark .
Roy

Denny,
Yopu oe mi a kaybod.
B*Dd
Denny wrote:

Sorry Denny but your opinion means, well, nothing.
"Denny" < snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

Rabbit, he still doesn't get it.
Roy

Mike Simmons wrote:

Are any of you experts able to help the OP?
Virus Database (VPS): 0551-0, 19/12/2005

Every once in awhile I break the promise that I made to myself and hit that damned "reply group" button. One of these days I'll learn.............
Denny
I don't need to make a list your claim is wrong from point one, you claim a finite phase space is greater than an infinite phase space. You actually proved my point by trying to narrow down the parameters of your original statement because even you know it is wrong. You went from saying by proxy of negative association that; the only fuel problem that is not monitored by the PCM is fuel pressure directly to the PCM catches all fuel delivery problems unless they are pressure related. Those are two very different claims. So why should I respond with any sort of list when you can't even make up your mind about what you Mr. high and mightly are right about?
And just so you leave with some extra knowledge, just about any soluble or distillate you can imagine can do this and not be detected by the PCM.

tom, do you ever read these posts in the morning when you first get up? try it. sort of out of the emotion of the posts and all? you would see how absolutely ridiculous, stupid, moronic, childish..........on and on, that they are. not talking about just you, several others are the same. just hopin that you will listen though.