help with my dodge please

about one week ago I tried to start my truck. nothing it just clicked .so i put some dry gas in and heated the truck up and nothing so i looked at the plugs and replaced them. it started right up no problem. as i was driving it chugs. the more i accelerate the more it chugs my check engine light blinks when it chugs then goes off when it returns normal. not i came upona stop sign and when i went to go it chuged then stalled out now my cel stays on and blinks still when it feel like its starving for gas its a 98 dodge dakota 3.9 2wd thanks

Reply to
withskills1

Sounds like either a failing fuel pump or perhaps a bad tank of fuel.

Reply to
TBone

Could be a fuel filter, but since most fuel problems are not monitored by the PCM, and your CEL is coming on, I'd check for codes before assuming anything else.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Most fuel problems are not monitored, Hahahahahahahahahaha. About the only fuel problem that is not monitored is fuel pressure directly.

Reply to
TBone

"Most fuel problems are not monitored, Hahahahahahahahahaha." Max made a correct statement in this context not sure what is so funny about that. If you take his statement to the logical level it in fact can not be proven wrong; as anybody can think up more problems than are on the fixed PCM detection list.

Reply to
T.Diesel

If you think so, please give me a list of fuel problems that are not monitored. If what he said is true, your list should be quite long.

Reply to
TBone

As should your list of what is monitored. But I didn't see that in your post? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Reply to
T.Diesel

Are you not the one who made the claim? Try backing up what you say. I already said that it pretty much monitors everything short of direct fuel pressure. It monitors rich run, lean run, misfires and which cylinder which pretty much catches all fuel delivery problems. Your turn.

Reply to
TBone

TBone said "...catches all fuel delivery problems" funny how you are already backpedaling. Since when was this a fuel delivery problem? Yes nice slight bit of word play to shift away from the fact you were wrong. And for the record I made no claim only pointed out the obvious. Good luck with that all encompassing list you got going there buddy.

Reply to
T.Diesel

How is this backpedaling, shit for brains? What other problems could there be besides delivery problems that are fuel related that would keep the engine from running? And for that matter, you didn't point out shit. All you said was that Max made a correct statement which in this case (like so many others) he did not and you were completely unable to back up any of it. Now stay in your corner until you actually have something of value to post or at least not make a fool out of yourself.

Reply to
TBone

Talk about not taking ones own advice..........

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Which, coincidentally, is what a lack of fuel is, isn't it? The fuel delivery system in a Dodge has no direct monitoring. A failed pump will not show a code or an CEL. Thus, a code would show a problem with the engine management, not the fuel delivery system.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Ouch! That will leave a mark .

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Denny,

Yopu oe mi a kaybod.

B*Dd

Denny wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Sorry Max, but you said that it will not monitor MOST fuel problems and it in fact will. Absolute fuel pressure is the only thing that it will not monitor but just about every other fuel delivery problem will cause symptoms that it can, hence the code he is getting. You are of course correct that he should get the codes before proceeding but to say that most fuel problems are not monitored is wrong. Now if you had said directly monitored, you would have been much more accurate but since you like to jump on me for crap like this, what comes around goes around.

Reply to
TBone

Sorry Denny but your opinion means, well, nothing.

Reply to
TBone

Rabbit, he still doesn't get it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

tom, do you ever read these posts in the morning when you first get up? try it. sort of out of the emotion of the posts and all? you would see how absolutely ridiculous, stupid, moronic, childish..........on and on, that they are. not talking about just you, several others are the same. just hopin that you will listen though.

Reply to
theguy

and he never will........ it's simply a waste of time....

Mike Simmons

Are any of you experts able to help the OP?

Reply to
High Sierra