Hemi burning oil

My old 95 Hyundai has 150K miles doesn't use any oil between changes I would put reg 10-30 oil in it NO SYNTHETIC and run the shet out of it to make sure the rings are seated for 100 miles then change the oil again recheck the oil usage. DO NOT USE FRAM FILTERS -- very cheaply made & very remote possibility it could be the cause of tick ???

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

My 95 Hyundai has 150K miles doesn't use any oil between changes. Put some

10-30 in the motor & run the shet out of it for a few miles FULL throdle from a stop accel up to 65 on the hyway & use the trans to slow down (manually down shift)maybe 12 times to make sure the rings are seated You may have just babied it too much during breakin
Reply to
sqdancerLynn