hemi egr

I have a 2005 ram 2500 . I have a loud ticking noise, sounds more like exhaust than mechanical. Gets louder under load, cant hear it at idle. I see that some EGR valves are crapping out and making noise. I cant find any noticable exhaust leaks so I was hoping maybe it was the EGR valve . When I looked for the EGR I dont have one There is a block off plate bolted to the head where I assume it should be. I am looking at the front of the passenger side cylinder head, near the alternator. I bought this truck used and it has some generic looking CAI on it.I removing the EGR someting that is done for performance? Should there be somewhere else other than on the head I should be looking for another block off plate that could be leaking?

Reply to
mlab622