Hemi Milage

Since we have discussed milage with the Cummings Diesels, it spured my curiosity.
I have a '04 1500 Quad cab, bought it off the lot, came with a Hemi, small
tires, unknown gears, probably factory standard if there is such a thing, automatic trans
Gave up my Lincoln LS and Mazda B5000 for the Ram and happy I did except for the 11 mile per gallon around town. Maybe get 16 mpg on a long trip.
Anyone else care to say what they are getting with the same truck.
Any thoughts on how to increas the mpg short of taking the battery out and the tires off and enbalming it
jem

EPA mileage estimates hint the word estimates are just that based on hoopla and no real use.
--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply
When I bought my Ram, it had Michelin LTX M/S Load Range E tires, which were inflated to 80 lbs/sq in. When they wore out, I got Michelin LTX M/S regular load inflation pressure 32 lbs/in. I did not notice a smoother ride, in fact I couldn't tell the difference, however, my gas milage is off a mpg or 2. I certainly notice the difference on my bicycle when the tires are low, so I imagine the tire pressure affects the rolling resistance.
So if you really want better gas milage, increase the tire pressure to max allowed (it's written on the side of your tires).