Hemi plug change cost

Anyone know what the typical cost is for a dealer to change the plugs in an '03 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi? Hugh

One kind of plug was about 3.00 each and the other was about 8.00 each. You got 16 plugs.

--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---

Scott Hendryx wrote:

Cost of plugs is minor. There are 16 plugs. I have not changed mine but am told at least two cylinders are major buggers to get out and new ones installed for the average home mechanic with limited amount of tools. My dealer quoted 2 hours labor @ $90/hour plus the costs of the plugs.

miles wrote:

Opps, forgot to add that this is in regards to a 2004 Durango which may have more difficult access than the Ram.

I'm pretty sure Durango's are throw away trucks. Once you need maintenance, you throw them away and buy another one. I do the same thing with my Toyota's. Course Toyota's don't need service until somewhere around a million miles.

--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---

Scott Hendryx wrote:

Not sure why you say that! The 2nd generation 2004+ Durango's are far better than the original Durango's. I use it for 4x4'ing in the snow as well as pulling my 25' trailer. One of the best vehicles I've owned. Plus much of the drive train is the same as found on the Ram.

I did it myself in about 30 minutes. It only cost me a hunk of one knuckle.

--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---

Well, you got to pay for the building, and the hired help. Phones, and so on. So, I'd guess the cost is more than just the sparks.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message

And that's the main problem with the 1500, they use a mid-sized drive train in a full sized truck. And we wonder why Toyota is starting to kick the American manufacturers asses.

TBone wrote:

A hemi 1500 Ram will easily run away from a V8 Nissan Titan or V8 Toyota Tundra pulling up a moderate to steep grade.

As a Hemi Ram owner, I sadly have to admit my neighbor's Nissan Titan kicks my trucks ass in about every way, performance wise. The Titan is a POS truck, but it does run GREAT. Dodge should copy or buy the Nissan tranny, and they could drop the gear ratio to say 3.5 or so, and have better performance than either truck does now, with a slight milage gain.

My truck is faster than most Hemis, as I have 17" wheels with the 3.92 gears, and runs better than any other stock hemi I have driven.

BDK

BDK wrote:

I've pulled with my Hemi Durango 4x4 against a Nissan Aramada with the same engine as the Titan (5.6L V8). The Armada will out accelerate from a stop. Once up at highway speeds my Durango will run away from the Armada with ease. Climbing moderate to steep grades has the same results. The only area where the Nissan is faster is from a dead stop.

Can you get a 1500 Hemi with a 5 speed?

"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message

HDinNY wrote:

Just had 30,000 mile maintenance done.on my 04 4X4.in Dec. The break down for that part was, $56.20 for parts and $119.95 labor, for a total of $175.15. This was in Wisconsin.

The whole 30,000 mile maintenance, as required in the maintenance schedule came to $636.91!!

Duane Ogden wrote:

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Hugh

Last time I went to a dealer, they did a five plug tune up on my 1989 S-10 Blazer. Cost me about $250, and they told me that the last plug was in real tight. I did my own tune up a year or two later, the plug turned right out. Nice and easy. They just didn't want to pull the wheel off to get at it.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.