Hemi plug change cost

Threaded View

Anyone know what the typical cost is for a dealer to change the plugs in
an '03 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi?
Hugh

Re: Hemi plug change cost

One kind of plug was about 3.00 each and the other was about 8.00 each.  You
got 16 plugs.

--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---

Re: Hemi plug change cost

Cost of plugs is minor.  There are 16 plugs.  I have not changed mine
but am told at least two cylinders are major buggers to get out and new
ones installed for the average home mechanic with limited amount of
tools.  My dealer quoted 2 hours labor @ $90/hour plus the costs of the
plugs.

Re: Hemi plug change cost

Opps, forgot to add that this is in regards to a 2004 Durango which may
have more difficult access than the Ram.

Re: Hemi plug change cost

I'm pretty sure Durango's are throw away trucks.  Once you need maintenance,
you throw them away and buy another one.  I do the same thing with my
Toyota's. Course Toyota's don't need service until somewhere around a
million miles.

--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---

Re: Hemi plug change cost

Not sure why you say that!  The 2nd generation 2004+ Durango's are far
better than the original Durango's.  I use it for 4x4'ing in the snow as
well as pulling my 25' trailer.  One of the best vehicles I've owned.
Plus much of the drive train is the same as found on the Ram.

Re: Hemi plug change cost

I did it myself in about 30 minutes. It only cost me a hunk of one knuckle.

--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---

Re: Hemi plug change cost

Well, you got to pay for the building, and the hired help.
Phones, and so on. So, I'd guess the cost is more than just the
sparks.

--

Christopher A. Young
  You can't shout down a troll.

And that's the main problem with the 1500, they use a mid-sized drive train
in a full sized truck.  And we wonder why Toyota is starting to kick the
American manufacturers asses.

--
If at first you don't succeed,  you're not cut out for skydiving

Re: Hemi plug change cost

A hemi 1500 Ram will easily run away from a V8 Nissan Titan or V8 Toyota
Tundra pulling up a moderate to steep grade.

Re: Hemi plug change cost

As a Hemi Ram owner, I sadly have to admit my neighbor's Nissan Titan
kicks my trucks ass in about every way, performance wise. The Titan is a
POS truck, but it does run GREAT. Dodge should copy or buy the Nissan
tranny, and they could drop the gear ratio to say 3.5 or so, and have
better performance than either truck does now, with a slight milage
gain.

My truck is faster than most Hemis, as I have 17" wheels with the 3.92
gears, and runs better than any other stock hemi I have driven.

BDK

Re: Hemi plug change cost

I've pulled with my Hemi Durango 4x4 against a Nissan Aramada with the
same engine as the Titan (5.6L V8).  The Armada will out accelerate from
a stop.  Once up at highway speeds my Durango will run away from the
Armada with ease.  Climbing moderate to steep grades has the same
results.  The only area where the Nissan is faster is from a dead stop.

Re: Hemi plug change cost

Can you get a 1500 Hemi with a 5 speed?

--
If at first you don't succeed,  you're not cut out for skydiving
Re: Hemi plug change cost

Just had 30,000 mile maintenance done.on my 04 4X4.in Dec.  The break
down for that part was, $56.20 for parts and $119.95 labor, for a total
of $175.15.  This was in Wisconsin.

The whole 30,000 mile maintenance, as required in the maintenance
schedule came to $636.91!!

Re: Hemi plug change cost

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
Hugh

Re: Hemi plug change cost

Last time I went to a dealer, they did a five  plug tune up on my
1989 S-10 Blazer. Cost me about $250, and they told me that the
last plug was in real tight. I did my own tune up a year or two
later, the plug turned right out. Nice and easy. They just didn't
want to pull the wheel off to get at it.

--

Christopher A. Young
  You can't shout down a troll.