High Altitude

I have a 1999 3500 CTD. Everything is great until I am towing in higher altitudes. Then it uses WAY too much fuel. Is there an altitude adjustment?

Reply to
Nelson Sutton

Yes there is, it's the downhill side of the mountain you went up...

Reply to
John Smith

Or do not tow it should help the gas milage

Reply to
Coasty

A friend of mine told me that you can expect lower fuel economy and you'll see more smoke out the tail pipe when you travel in higher elevations. Personally, I haven't experience this yet. However, next summer I plan to travel into the mountains and that is why he told me what I can expect in terms of fuel economy and the smoke issue.

Reply to
Dennis

Well yeah, you haven't experienced it yet because they way you've worded it, you haven't been to the mountains yet.

Reply to
Frank