Hitch pin question

I'm looking for help with my hitch pin. I pull a 5500lb trailer. The pin I use to hold hitch in the received measures .625 (5/8th of an inch) but whole
in the receiver on the truck is more like .68 which is about the same diameter of the whole in the ball carrier.
.625 pin seems to be as large as they come. Everything is brand spanking new so it is not like things are worn.
What gives? This makes for a nasty clunk every time you stop or start.

Hitch pins are 5/8" for class III thru V hitches. I've never notices slop or a "clunk" when towing my trailer. As a matter of fact, I think the pin fits in quite snugly. I would guess the receiver hole is slightly larger but it's a pretty tight fit in the drawbar.
Our you sure it is not the hitch itself moving around inside the receiver itself? There is some play in there.