hole in the bed

Page 1 of 7
I need to mount a small tank in the bed of my pickup. I need to cut a hole - maybe 4 inches diameter - in the bed floor to pass thru lines and such.
Are there any gadgets available that will assist me in protecting the lines that pass thru? I guess I'm looking for something to hide the sharp cut edges. Maybe something like a stainless steel ring on top that has a screw-on flange on the underside??
Sure would appreciate any suggestions.
TJ wrote:

A piece of fuel line or heater hose sliced lengthwise should slip in around the cut edge of the hole. RTV would probably hold it in place. What's the tank for?
--
Ken

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:25:26 -0400, "Nosey"

Go to a good hardware store and they should have gromments to fit hole and give it a nice finished look. Find samllest one that will work for your needs and then get proper hole saw for its needed hole size. You can also use something that we used to cal "railroad track" that you line the edges on holes and chassis ends and you glue it in place. A good electroning supply house should have that. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Could some one please translate this for me?
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:44:30 -0700, azwiley1 wrote:

Do you know what a GROMET is?
Basically it's a rubber doughnut that has the outer edge sliced so that the outer edge will seat against the cut area with rubber above/below and a nice protected hole through it.
Imagine taking a rubber hose, slitting it down the center on one side only, now curl the hose inside the hole (with the slit going against the metal edge - it would make a nice protective barrier around the cut edges.
http://www.search.com/reference/Grommet
--
Leythos
snipped-for-privacy@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:16:36 -0700, azwiley1 wrote:

Thanks for the refreshing reply, I hope you are not always so nice to people trying to help. Your reply was hard to follow and didn't provide a good example, or I would not have posted.
--
Leythos
snipped-for-privacy@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)
(remove 999 for proper email address) Leythos, azwiley is just as tired of listening to Snopuddle's "advice" as anyone. It should be read for its entertainment value only as he has given such outlandish advice (coolant/water ratios of 80/20, torque front A/T pump bolts to 150lbs, etc) and shared such knowledge that absolutely nobody else knows about (knock sensors in a Dodge V10).
When caught giving this bad advice, he never admits to being wrong and starts calling folks children. Anyway, if you have been here for awhile, you would understand the quality of puddle's 'help'.
FMB (North Mexico)
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:53:09 +0000, FMB wrote:

Thanks for letting me know - I wasn't sure what I had done to warrant such a response.
--
Leythos
snipped-for-privacy@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

Since FMB has already addressed the main point of issue I will not. However, if you were to read a few other post from Sno <insert name here> you would see the concern. Also, just look at the GPS/Navthread, I as like most folks, am very nice and very helpful when directly answering questions.

Sorry right thread, wrong group, the one I am refering to is in the chevy group.
(remove 999 for proper email address)- Hide

write this it hit me! The Idiot must practice Buddism,'cause he's never wrong, or so he thinks. <GBMFG>

LOL

I don't know what a gromet is either, maybe you meant grommet?
Merriam-Webster; grommet: 1) a ring of rope 2) an eyelet of firm material to strenghen or protect an opening

We know that you are very simple minded but you do not have to advertise it too! ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

This is simple. Go to a place that sells parts for heavy trucks. All those round taillights you see in the back of semi trailers are sealed beam units that are held in with a rubber grommet. They are about 4 inches in diameter and costs less then $5.00. A lot of NAPA stores have them. If that doesn't suit you, most auto stores have metal edge trim in all sorts of different styles. The taillight grommet would be heavy duty
and you would have to drill your hole to fit it. The edging would be lighter duty but a little nicer looking and could be cut to fit your hole but it might have to be glued in.
Grizz440

Oh, ouch. NOT!!! I am not the simple minded one Snodick, you are. My 10 year old son have better grammatical skills then you do and your what, 90?

MAYBE you should LEARN to READ. I said my SON, not me. However, if you would like to sit here and play games. Why don't you read the run on sentence from Snotard. No grammar, no punctuation, horrific spelling. At some point, as with most of his post, you really can't understand what the hell he is trying to say.
Asking any of that from you obviously would be too much to ask as I am sure you are nothing more than one of Snotard assclown butt buddies.

azwiley1 wrote:

So what qualifies YOU to critique SnoMan's post?

An incomplete thought, then suddenly there's a period.

There was none.

It wasn't difficult. He did a lot better than you. Samstone corrected only three of your mistakes, but there were at least six in your little two-line reply.

Any of what? Are you okay?

--
In girum imus nocte
et consumimur igni