Honda mower service

Hi I decided to service my mower myself this year, oil is easy to change but having a heck of time gettin the blade off to sharpen. Cant find my manual. Is there a trick to getting the blade off.
I've got a Honda Harmony HRT, about 8 years old. Original blade. I was wondering if maybe after 8 years I should get buy a new blade? Its one of those mulching blades. Also, when it runs it seems to rev up and down after a few minutes, does anyone know whats causing this?
any help greatly appreciated
LOL sorry wrong group

Is it the wrong group? ;^D
The mounting bolts for the blades on most mowers gets hard to remove because of corrosion. Use WD-40 on the threads every time you pull it off to sharpen it and it should be sharpened whenever you see any tearing of the grass instead of a clean cut. This will reduce brown spotting.
Personally, I dislike mulching blades as they are a bear to sharpen because of all the twists and turns that, supposedly, mulches the clippings. If you decide to buy one, be ready to pay more for sharpening or buy a small angle grinder and a blade balancing cone so you can do it yourself. Also, your bagging attachment will not work as well or not at all. . . .no airflow from the blade.
Back when I was a teen, I just mowed in an inward spiral pattern that threw the clippings onto uncut grass then the standard blade recut them over and over. By the time I got to the middle, there was but a handful left to scatter on the new mown lawn.
The surging could be moisture in the fuel, dust and dirt in air cleaner or just needing a good tune up. If it's moisture, a tablespoon of HEET will clear it up. Don't let it go too long or it can damage the carburetor.
Budd

guess I had the right group afterall, thanks Budd
LOL I don't know about the right group for mower help, but you did find an old mower mechanic anyway. VBG
Glad to help.
Budd

Hey, Dodge people are always helpful!!! :-) Lorne

does
Also, IIRC, the bolt that holds the blade in place on my mower is *left-hand* thread. You might want to clarify whether or not yours is/are too. If the bolt(s) is/are just too darned tight, you might want to use a 6-point wrench or socket on the bolt(s). Bryan
If you look down at the top of the engine, in the US anyway, and the flywheel rotates clockwise, then it's a right hand thread bolt.
Budd