Horns

Anybody have any thoughts on replacement horns. Not for a truck but a car. Both the horns on the magnum and the charger are weak. I'm looking for a
plug in, not air. I've looked at Griot's, but would like more options. tia
Roy

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2009014/p-2009014/N-111+10201+600002595/c-10101

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2009014/p-2009014/N-111+10201+600002595/c-10101
Thanks Tom. I solved the problem with the Charger. Only one was hooked up.
Tom Lawrence wrote:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2009014/p-2009014/N-111+10201+600002595/c-10101
Always had a compulsion to have air horns on my truck, even though I'm overall against horns on cars [rarely ever really needed and a long blast even more rarely so].
There's probably some standard for car horns somewhere, but I think it should be impossible to "lay on the horn"!
It should issue an initial couple second blast then beep intermittently after that, even when holding down the button.
Much more soothing and in congested traffic, less grating on the ears.
SMH

I'm sure your thought would change if you drove in Boston traffic. The way these fools drive over you ant try to drive through you, I'd venture you'd be looking for a way to mount a 50 cal on your truck.
Roy
Roy wrote:

Quad mounted 50's in the truck bed for use in Boston I completely understand!
A horn...useless!
SMH
I can't tell you how many times I wish I had horns so loud that they would literally shatter the glass of the vehicle they were intended to get the attention of.
Laszlo Almasi

Stephen:
Yankee's drive with their horns, they'd be lost without 'em.
;^)
Mike

Mike, Steve is a country Yankee. Lives about 80 miles west of me.
Boy with this 0 degree weather these seat are wonderful. I wonder how wide ride is doing with his. Roy
Roy wrote:

Indeed. In the more tranquil and sedate and civilized part of Massachusetts!
Where car horns are an aberration and anyone using one in a long blast immediately identifies himself as being from Boston (and a pariah to be shunned).

I generally bike commute the 10-11 miles each way to work. Yesterday, coming in, I broke a chain just short of the office.
Got a ride home with a coworker in his Subaru Forrester... with heated seats! My very first exposure to this decadent feature of infernal combustion engineering!
I liked it!!! Gotta figure out how to put one on my bike!
How warm can I get a bike saddle with 6V/3W bottle generator? One of my bikes has a home brew 20W headlight powered by a 12V (about 20Amp I think) motorcycle battery. How well might that sort of power toast my buns?
SMH

Smartass!<G>
Yup, the country Yankeee out pedaling his bike with the wind chill at -10 to -20 below.

Aren't they the balls???

Damn Steve use your truck until it gets to 20 above will ya.

See!! See!! and y'all made fun of me.....
Mike

And I still will!!! Bunch of pansies........
Denny
Roy wrote:

Hah!
It's actually not as bad as many people think.
The old truism: dress in layers. Lots of really good warm/dry fabrics out there now that really help you keep warm in the cold.
But a heated bicycle seat still intrigues me!
SMH

BS!!! It is worse than people think!! <VBG> I've worked out side for probably 30 years. I agree with layering and LOL Bean and Deluth. But after a few hours out in 10 or below with wind blowing it flat out sucks!!!

Roy
Roy wrote:

Well my bike ride to work is only about an hour each way.
It's not the same as working out in the cold for hour upon hour.
I've worked full days doing outside carpentry (house/barn/garage framing) during the winter as well as a groundsman for Clarke School for the Deaf here in Northampton, and it ain't no picnic being out in cold weather for hour upon hour.
Yet those crazy skiers and snowmobilers do it *for fun* and think nothing of it...while someone riding their bike in the cold for an hour at a time twice per work day is considered a nut!
Still, sometime my big lovely Dodge "Global Warmer" has a pull on me that I can't resist! Screw the bike today...I'm motoring in to work (I'll rough it out by not having heated seats)!
SMH
Mike Simmons wrote:

And in Boston area, you *must* have that middle finger working properly as well!
SMH

we use push bumpers in the south *grin*
--
-Chris