How do I remove the plastic cladding on the tailgate?

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram truck. it has a plastic cladding on the tailgate. I need to remove it, but I need to know how can I remove it and what set of tools do I need to make that possible.
Any advise and comments are all welcomed.
James

A plastic putty knife, or auto body filler applicator, and a hair dryer. It's just stuck on with some double-sided tape. Once you get a corner to lift, it should come off pretty easily.
WD-40 and some elbow grease will remove the adhesive residue from the tailgate.
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Some adhesives dissolve easily with rubbing alcohol also. We used it to remove the adhesive for the window tint on my Lebaron.
Budd