How do I remove the radio in 2005 Ram?

I was trying to remove the dash trim bezel around the radio and figured I had better ask before breaking it. I thought it was just held in by snaps but it does not want to release. Does anyone know the secret of getting it off?

Thanks,

Myles

Reply to
MPS

An OEM shop manual usually does not hurt they have pictures too.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

There's a single screw above the trash bag clip, just to the left of the glove compartment. Remove this screw, then grab the hook with your finger, and yank it towards you. The spring clip will release. Work your way around the bezel - the rest is just held in with clips. Note that the bezel incororates the two dash vents on either side of the radio. Also - another tip: lower the ash tray and cupholders before removing this. Once you remove the bezel, there's several electrical connectors to disconnect. With the cupholder lowered, it gives you a shelf to reset the bezel on while you disconnect the various connectors. If you don't do this, the metal spring clips will scratch up the faces, leaving an unsightly mess. Don't worry about labelling the connectors - they're all physically different shapes/sizes, and only fit one way.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Can't you just reset the bezel by disconnecting the battery?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

There is one screw down by the "trash bag hanger" its low and on the passenger side.

Ron

Reply to
Termite