How many of you are bored today?

My holiday list... in no particular order..
Mow the grass and trim. Feed the cows, fill the tank and check the wire Wash the truck. Keep various edible stuff going into the smoker and hoping its still edible
when it comes out. Play with grandcritter Hold down the hammock
Happy 4th !!
Denny

I've always used Meguires. Do you think LG is better?? I've never tried it..

WTF?? 90 friggen degrees out and you want a hot tub?? Must be an east coast thing..... <BG>
Denny

Yes I used it on the vettes through the years, it actually protects agains stone chips as you build coats. But ya gotta put it on per the instructions. Also you have to strip all the old wax off first. Dawn will work but I like Prep Sol better. Then clay it, then wash with Dawn a last time. It will be a weekend deal. Ohy, Dawn is a dish soap not the toothless broad at the local watering hole.

Ya damn farmer, just cause it says hot don't mean the water has to be 100 degrees. Geeze....<BFG>
Roy

And what's the matter with toothless broads?????

Like I said, it must be an east coast thing.......if you ain't soaking it in hot water, you're soaking it in cold...
I just went for a little drive, all the 'hogs must be off visiting relatives. Not a one of them was out playing.
Denny

Arrrrgggggg... I give up.

Well Carlos, they'd probably be safe from you anyway.<VBG>
Roy

Sue is giveing me the "let's get going, we are going to be late" motion. Sooo gotta go.

Get a friggin hand grenade!! <BG>
Roy
Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (03-Jul-05 7:37 PM):

all terrorizing us over here. I've come to the conclusion that most British bikers have death wishes. (apologies to any who are lurking here. Purely personal stereotype)
It's legal here for bikes to pass down the center (centre) line, even with oncoming traffic. On roads where one lane of traffic is barely wide enough to accomodate my Dakota, which makes them way to narrow for "articulated lorries" - 18-wheelers.
After nearly three years driving a Dakota out here in the English boondocks, driving pretty much anywhere in the US - including such horrors as the DC Beltway - is easy peasy.
jmc

<BG> The 'hogs I'm talking about are groundhogs. I'm a part-time farmer helping out on the family farm and the hogs love to eat soybeans. I try to do my part with my trusty .220 swift to keep the profits in the family instead of the furry little bellies. But I did enjoy your take on english driving.. <G>
Denny

Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (03-Jul-05 3:37 PM):

locals here in England (what? You're not suprised?). Hubby's off doing a guy thing (Ok, he's at a hamfest - radio rally here).
Had a nice horseback ride earlier (a hack here) and I've failed to wash the truck, in preference to holding down the couch and watching a western. Ah, it'll just get dirty again anyway, 'sposed to rain tonight.
The weather has been absolutely wunnerful here though - we're actually having Summer (which failed to arrive last year). It's only in the 70s, but that's a hot summer day in Northern England...
Later, we may or may not go to the base for the fireworks.
Let's not forget all our servicemen and women, who will be celebrating this most American of holidays someplace other than their homeland, and in much more dangerous places than we've landed.
jmc
I've often wondered how England celebrates July 4th. LOL
--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi

bases, but I saw an ad for a 4th celebration at a nightclub downtown. Must be enough of us here to make it worthwhile. Doesn't seem like something your average British would celebrate. Then again, what do I know? They celebrate some suprising things here, like Guy Fawkes night, where the celebrate the failure of said guy to blow up Parliment. With bonfires (including effigies of the Guy), and fireworks. Since there's very little control on fireworks, it's like a warzone here that night, terrifying pets for miles around.
And the wonderful "just for the heck of it" Bank Holidays.
jmc

That sounds as boring as taking a snooze in the hammock... <G>

Horsey riding... Thats even worse... Now that couch part doesn't sound too bad, better than Roy's lukewarm tub. <BG>

For sure.

Just curious, you have a name that goes with jmc???
Denny
Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (03-Jul-05 7:43 PM):

jmc

Nothing wrong with keeping on the back trails......
Denny

Thanks, jmc and everyone else. We appreciate your thoughts and support.
I'm not overseas this year (for a change), but I am about 1000 miles from home this Fourth of July without my family. This is the third in a row I've been gone.
ETCM(SW/AW) Greg Surratt Naval Network Warfare Command Norfolk, Virginia Currently sitting in a barracks room in Millington, Tennessee

bee smokers during my pharmaceutical years. Would have been a real hit at parties.

we've been getting ready for our block party for 2 days... had it last night and probably 100+ folks... ran out of food before dark and the local guy that collects cans and bottles is probably got a real good bank deposit going in.. *g*
We decided to make it a "Independence Day Eve" party this year, since the 4th is on a Monday/moanday... gives us today to clean up from the party and recuperate..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Lets see, the 4th is for Summer cleaning and re-arranging of the apartment. I got a new puppy at home (Rhodesian Ridgeback/African Lion Hound). He needs a little more room to romp in my 500sqft allotment. The focker is hopping up an down like an ADD hell-child at the moment...