How to change the power steering oil filter

My car is Town and Country 2003, but I think it's either close too or identical to a dodge van.
The question is that my power steering pump made noise, so I am
changing it. However, I heard that I need to clean the oil filter for this tool. My question is this:
1) Is there such a thing (oil filter for steering pump), and if so, where is it?
2) If the oil filter is in the reservoir as one of the mechanics I talked to, how do I take it out. Look at the reservoir, it seems to be a plastic container that doesn't have way to open it (I haven't taken it out yet).
3) Do I have to change the oil too? How? The mechanics told me that poor oil on top, and let it pushes the old oil out. That means I have to have an opening in the bottom somewhere. One place I can see is the 2 input/output of the oil cooler. Also, if I let oil out of one of those 2 two, would that be enough (full path)?
4) If I need to change the oil, then it seems I need to put back the oil pump first, the question is that would it block the oil flow when I change the oil?
Thanks.

It is in the bottom of the reservoir. You'll need to get a new reservoir to get the filter/strainer. Good news is that it's not an expensive part....$15-$20 if I remember right.

The way I do this is to use a suction gun to pull as much fluid out of the reservoir as possible then replace the reservoir. Put the hose going to the pump on and stick the end of the return hose in a gallon jug. Cap off the return fitting in the reservoir with a rubber "cork" for the time being. Start the engine and leave it idle while pouring new fluid in the reservoir. It'll take about 2-3 quarts till the clean fluid comes out of the return line. Hook up the return line and clean up the mess.
Denny

Thank you. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

If the fluid is low, the pump will make noise.
I know of no filter on the steering system.
How do you know it's the steering pump? I had to replace one on my Chevy S-10 Blazer, but that was cause it didn't work well, and I was tired of the steering being hard to turn. I question if it's a bad pump, on a four year old vehicle.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.