How to de-green my Line-X?

Ok, so here's proof that it's just way too wet in England: My black Line-X liner is going green. Regular washing doesn't change that.
Any suggestions on how I can get rid of the moss, lichen, or whatever is
growing in my bed?
Washing my truck is much like grooming a horse - gives me a chance to find all those little nicks and whatnot hiding under all that dirt.
It's been a very hard winter on the poor Dak. It stays damp here in the winter literally for weeks at a time, and they grit (which has salt) almost nightly, because the frost is thick enough to make the roads slick (much like black ice). aaugh. She's got more rust than a 2001 should have, underneath. :(
But, the Dragon is now clean and shiny and waxed (I even shined up the chrome), and there's no rain predicted at least until Monday. And it's sunny, and WARM (well, for here anyway). I've started gardening and broke out the lawn chairs, Hubby just mowed the lawn... life is good.
But, the bed is still attempting to match the rest of the truck, and that just cannot be allowed to happen. Suggestions needed!
jmc
jmc wrote:

Start with one of the many commercially available mold and mildew removers. That will help kill off the live spores and such. Then use a mild bleach solution to get rid of the color. Usually a 1:150-200 solution works well without damaging the underlying surface.
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

They don't sell Line-X in England, AFAIK. Pickup trucks don't enjoy the popularity (yet!) that they do in the States, so there's not enough of a market. I'd have to back to the installer.

True. I'll try the mildew remover. Wonder if they sell it by the gallon? :)

Well, yeah, bleach in the gallons. :) But you might also look into finding out what they treat motel shower curtains with. I seem to remember reading the tags on motel shower curtains and them saying something about "Treated with...<something> ... to prevent mildew." I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, but if there's some chemical like that then maybe it would save you from having to periodically clean/scrub your bed.
--HC
jmc wrote:

Maybe a swimming pool supplier can recommend something. They usually have chemicals of that type in bulk at resonable prices.
Try bleach. The ordinary kind (laundry). Start with 1 cup bleach per gallon of water and a stiff brush. If that don't work add a little more bleach. But be careful of spatter on your clothing. Wear something you don't mind ruining.