how to disable a Dodge RAM 1500 van

Page 2 of 2
I'm sure you did Tom, you're just being polite.
:)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 03:01:22 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

Because you can't agree with me? ' didn't read my response to the question, did ya?
beekeep

Then you are probably better off leaving the key in the ignition and installing a secret switch under the dash in they yellow wire that leads to the starter. That way they won't distroy a $100.00 switch assembly when trying to steal it.
beekeep
How about having a small sticker made that says:
"Warning: this vehicle equipped with a hidden GPS tracking device."
I agree a thief may end up doing damage only to find out he can't get your vehicle. Then you have to fix it...which in the grand scheme of things fixing is better than replacing. But my philosophy is that if someone is going to steal a car.....I'd rather it be someone else's.
--
Laszlo Almasi
TimW wrote:

Pretty easy, actually. Simnply remove the fuel pump fuse or relay, that keeps it from being started. And that will prevent the vast majority of car thefts. Vehicles can also be towed away by any pickup with a tow boom in it. They would generally lift of the back end and tow it to the chop shop with the front wheels on the ground. You can buy a btire boot just like the police use. It's expensive and bulky, but just about as "theft proof" as it gets.
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!
any name wrote: