How to remove wiper arm from the post on RAM

Hi,

I need to remove the wiper arms from the post on a '95 dodge ram truck. The washers aren't working and the fluid just pours out onto the driveway when you try to use them. I figure I have a chewed thru hose or some such. We have had rats make nests in the engine compartment before. The dealership was supposed to have fixed this, but you know that story I suppose. LOL Figure I may as well do it myself rather than waste the gas to take it back a second time.

Any and all help is appreciated..

KY

Reply to
KYHighlander

Flip the arm up, and you'll see a latch plate sticking out. Pull this latch plate out, and lift the arm off the stud. You shouldn't need any tools, but if you do, be gentle.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

You shouldn't have to remove the wiper arms. But it does sound like a rat took a liking to the hoses under the plastic cowl. I had to fix a plugged nozzle. As I recall (I no longer have the old '95) getting under the cowl was but a few plastic screws. Right at the base of the windshield. Sorry too much gray hair to recall more than that.

Ed

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

Ok I fixed the washer already. I had tried to blow out the line with my compressor and air gun and evidentally it blew the hose off the washer nozzle. LOL

After I put the hose back on it was still clogged so I just took the air gun and stuck it against the outside of the washer nozzle and blew out whatever it was that was clogging it. It now works just fine.

Thanks for the help.

I've had to go back to driving my Ram as my wife was hit head on a week ago Sunday by some dumbass who dropped his cell phone and was trying to pick it up out of the floor. Not only did it total the van, but shattered the bone that connects the little finger to the wrist. I will have to wait till I see if she will be able to go back to work before I buy another vehicle. I have a '91 dodge stealth that has been sitting in the garage for about 3 years without behing driven, last time I tried to drive it I think the injectors were clogged very nicely. Ran like it had 3 plugs instead of 6. If I can get that running I'll have to drive it, it gets much better gas mileage than the Ram. Don't know if my back can still take driving the Stealth every day though and I hate sitting on the ground.

KY

Reply to
KYHighlander

Thanks Tom, I managed to get my hand in there enough to push the hose back on the nozzle without removing the arm. I have rather large hands so this is saying a lot. My wife couldn't help, she has small hands but one is broken from the air bag in a head on collision about 2 weeks ago.

Reply to
KYHighlander