hum or whine in rear of 1999 1500 pick up

Found bad thrust washers replaced clutch packs still annoying whine. any help out there.

--
Tim

We had that for months.. thought it was wheel bearing, universal, drive shaft, etc.. Dealer rebuilt rear end but didn't change gears.. noise went away for maybe a month and came back, dealer rebuilt rear end again, including new gears and it's been quiet for almost 2 years now..
Might not be your problem, but might help..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
thanks

pinion bearing? Mine went out at 85k miles. A friend's went out on his way to FL with about 85k on his.

Thanks I was headed there this one has 125k