hum or whine in rear of 1999 1500 pick up

Found bad thrust washers replaced clutch packs still annoying whine. any help out there.

Reply to
Tim Young

We had that for months.. thought it was wheel bearing, universal, drive shaft, etc.. Dealer rebuilt rear end but didn't change gears.. noise went away for maybe a month and came back, dealer rebuilt rear end again, including new gears and it's been quiet for almost 2 years now..

Might not be your problem, but might help..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

pinion bearing? Mine went out at 85k miles. A friend's went out on his way to FL with about 85k on his.

Reply to
Abby.Normal

Thanks I was headed there this one has 125k

Reply to
Tim Young

thanks

Reply to