humming noise

2004.5 Cummins TD 6spd. I have a noise I cannot pin down. When I decelerate, I get a noise that sounds similar to a tire running over gouged asphalt. A kind of low grade hum. It only seems to happen when I let off the accelerator. Any ideas
Thanks guys
-- Joe
You can't gauge the truth of an opinion by the frequency of its repetition. If looking at the possibility of something new.....Half of the difficulty lies in properly defining the product...
It is normal . It comes from the gearbox.My '04 CTD does the same thing. Steve
<DIV>2004.5 Cummins TD 6spd.</DIV> <DIV>I have a noise I cannot pin down. When I decelerate, I get a noise that sounds similar to a tire running over gouged asphalt. A kind of low grade hum. It only seems to happen when I let off the accelerator. Any ideas</DIV> <DIV>Thanks guys</DIV> <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Joe </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>You can't gauge the truth of an opinion by the frequency of its repetition.<BR>If looking at the possibility of something new.....Half of the difficulty lies in properly defining the <BR>product...<BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=