I don't friggin believe it!!!

Page 1 of 2
After reading about Chris's Liberty I figured I'd take one for a ride. Wife and I go to the local Jeep dealer and guess what? Ya can't buy or register a
diesel Liberty in Southern New England. So that idea is done.
Roy
WTF??
--
Max

Can you buy one out of state and still register it? I live in Northern NE but regardless I've seen quite a few diesel's on the road. Volkswagen TDI's, Mercedes, etc. with in-state tags.

Mike W wrote:

I remember in the 70's when taking a car from Arizona to California and trying to register it there. California required the vehicle to be brought up to their smog standards in order to register it. That involved installing a smog pump etc. I assume similar issues are present in New England.

So it would seem. Maybe Fl. is different.
Roy
they are no problem here in the southeast.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

One of the main reasons they quite putting the current diesel in Liberty was inabilty of it to meet future emission requirements. Word is that there will be a replacement one for 08 models. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
a replacement diesel in the Liberty??? or a replacement diesel in the jeep line????? what do you mean by replacement?
--
----------------------------
-Chris

You gotta remember to consider the source here... :)
No, the current diesel will remain in the Liberty - it'll just receive some tweaks that they weren't ready to roll out to be '07-emissions-compliant. They'll have it ready for the '08 model year.
that's what I was trying to get him to admit to. one way or the other. I knew the 07 models would not see the CRD. I had not heard that it would return in 08. I also knew that the grand was getting a Mercedes engine in 07
--
----------------------------
-Chris

What admitt I am right and your are wrong? sure... ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

how about you answer the question? are you scared to answer questions? I wanted you to clarify what you meant by it would be replaced. I've already said that the liberty would not see the CRD option for 07 so how was I wrong? now clarify what your statement meant.
--
-Chris

but werent we told NOT to consider the source?

We were - but considering the source on that piece of advice, I chose to ignore it :)
On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 06:22:38 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

THe one to ignore is you because you realy do not know your facts on this one. You better read up on it before you throw stones. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

E friggin' nuff! Asshole!! the false and misleading BS that you have been posting on this NG is enough to make people puke. The person to be ignored is YOU!!
Roy wrote:

That was dumb.

No, it was factual