I Got $1,000.00 free labor and parts on my Dodge 98 Diesel...here's how!

Friends,

I Got $1,000.00 free labor and parts on my Dodge 98 Diesel...here's how! I went to a tire and brake shop asking for tires (235/85) and an alignment job. They told me to come pick it up cause it was ready. I paid and drove off.

Got about 100yds from their drive before I noticed there was no improvement in the alignment. I drove it back and complained. They told me a lie about how they had done it, but they would throw it back on the rack and take another look.

Next day I get a phone message saying it needs $800 in new parts and labor for upper and lower ball joints. I don't get the message till Sunday, but before that I ride over to the shop hoping it was done and sitting in the parking lot waiting for me. They were closed and truck parked in the bay behind a glass door. I take one look and stairing back at me is this huge a$$ dent in my rear bumper. Now I'm so angry I'm seeing red.

I call them 8:00am sharp the next day (Monday) and swear that I'm going to sue them and told them the evidence I had already. This time the mechanic tells me a third story about how they never performed the alignment the previous Friday because they got my truck confused with another Dodge truck that came in for service. So, I told them put on a new bumper, new upper and lower ball joints and do the alignment or else I'm not taking delivery of the truck. They happily do so thinking they were going to bill me for all of it. Thinking they were going to be rewarded for their fraudulant practices.

I get the call Wednesday saying my truck is ready and with it a big fat bill saying I owed them very much money. Told them to shove it and that if I so much as paid one red cent that I was going to turn my case over to my lawyer who would in turn give it to the public prosecuter and that me and my attorney wouldn't be out one red cent. Instead they would have to accumulate litigation expenses for months while I sat back and laughed my a$$ off. They then politely told me "no charge" and to come get my truck. Teach those dirt bags to rip of innocent people! I hate dirt bag mechanics...scum of the earth.

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

Seems like you may be the scum! It is very possible that they did mix up trucks and thought yours was done. As far as the dent in the bumper, shit happens! If I was the shop foreman I would have replaced the bumper on our dime, but still billed you for the front end work. If you can in my shop ranting like that I would of held the truck until I got cash for the repair. No payment, no truck! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

There was no doubt they tried to commit fraud. You want me to type letter for letter the three stories (lies) they told me? When I asked them for documentation showing they had another Dodge truck in that previous Friday they said they couldn't come up with it. They lied! What do you expect of scummy tire and brake shops?

Are you saying you will defraud customers and expect them to pay up? In that case please give us your business address.

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

And another thing Greg...ignorence of the law and incompetence is not a defense in case of fraud where I come from.

If you "mistakenly" kill someone...doesn't mean you get a brow beating from a police officer and get to return to your life. There are consequences to your actions...accident or no accident...or did your mommy not teach you this?

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

Who care's??

Reply to
Roy

If you paid for work and didn't get it you have a right to be upset about that. But thats where th line is drawn. If this would have happened at my shop, I would have made the aligment right and may have fired a tech if I thought he was trying to pull a scam. I understand that after awhile jobs can become a blur when your busy. You try not mess up, but sometimes it happens. As for the rest, well that where I would part company. I would promptly shown you the not libable for damage clause on the work order that you signed. and if you told me to do the rest of the suspension work, you would have paid for it. If the damaged occured in the shop, I would have coverd it. lord knows that I have bought enough tires blown out on lifts over the years. but I don't pay for damage that didn't happen in my shop. It's also wouldn't be my fault that your truck needs work done. If the parts are worn, then the're worn. As for the threat of a lawyer, thats when I would have stoped and either got paid or the truck would have went into a lot and stored until the judge made a decission. I could have kept that so tied up, you would have been able to historic plates on the truck before you got it back. You got lucky and had a manager with no back bone or didn't care. regardless they didn't pay for your work. someone else did. you are no doubt paying for someone else's fit through higher labor rates and prouduct costs. You just don't know it.

Reply to
gunbunny31

Gunbunn,

No line is drawn between incompetance and fraud or else everyone would go around saying, "My bad, please pardon me...now pay me victim!". You see where that would eventually lead our society?

Can you please post your business address gunbunn so we can all know? Or are you another one of those "managers without a backbone" you speak of? If you defrauded me, also locking up my truck, and I had evidence of a clear case of fraud...I'd call the police. They in turn would park their vehicles in your place of business while I showed them everything I had.

Then we would get evereyone's statement taken by the police officers including your mechanics who did the work AND no one would have time to get their story straight with one another. Then the police would strongly recommend you release my vehicle. If you did not...no sweat! I'd have the public prosecuter take you to court. I'd not pay one red cent in litigation expenses while you hire a lawyer to reinstate your business license.

You would incur litigation expenses for several months provided you didn't do the smart thing and settle out of court. Your lawyer would beg you to settle out of court, but let's pretend you decide to "be a man" and not take crap off anyone. Then you would rack up many thousands of dollars in attorney fees. Then even if you aren't convicted (which I could care less)...you cannot recover a single penny lost in litigation expenses.

You ask, "Why can't I sue the public prosecuter to recover litigation expenses if I'm not convicted?". Because the merits of the case were too strong in the beginning. Also you have to prove that the prosecution was malicious and without merit. So, for the sake of loosing a thousand bucks derived from fraudulant work you now owe easily $+20k to a scumbag lawyer.

Happy trails!

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

Gunbrunn wrote: "I could have kept that so tied up, you would have been able to historic plates on the truck before you got

it back."

That's funny...cause I'd have your business license stripped by the public prosecuter...from where would you get the funds to pay a lawyer to "keep it tied up"? Funny thing is you would be paying for your own prosecution and defense. The local and state taxes you pay would go towards financing the prosecution and the profits you had prior to your business license being taken away would be used to pay for your defense. Me...why I'd be driving one of my other vehicles and enjoying life :)

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

and the fraud is where???

Reply to
Dave Lee

In fantasyland maybe. But not in real life. I have been down this road before. had cops come, been to court the whole nine yards. The shop is incorporated, so your not hurting me at home. I pay insurance just like doctors do for crap like that. So far, I'm batting

1000 and I don't see an end to that any time soon. Everyone has the Wal-Mart syndrome. Bitch enough and they will give you what ever you want so you go away approach. I can't afford it and I am willing to bet you can't keep a lawyer in court as long as my insurance company can. I had a case a few years ago. A guy brought a truck in to me to have it fixed. It was his work truck from a roofing company. I told him how much and he ok'd the work. I had him look at the truck so he could see what was happening. We were all on the same page. $1700.00 later the truck was done, I called him and told him to come get the truck and we were actually under by a couple hundred $. Three weeks later, he still hadn't shown up, I call again. When he finally comes in he says that I damaged the bed of the truck. Never mind the fact that it has roofing nails and shingles in the bed. He says he never ok'd any work and was only paying for check out time. I tell him no and show him his signature on a work order with the estimate on it. Pay up or I keep the truck. He calls the police and tells them I have stolen the truck. when they show up I tell whats going on. He insisted that I be arrested. They tell him that its a civil matter and go away. long story short, the judge tells him to pay me. He also ordered my legal expense paid. The truck sat in my back lot for 2 years. The bank showed up to re-pop about 6 months after the case ended. I told them they could have it for the amount of the bill owed. they said no thanks. I filed for an abandoned vehicle title and sold the truck and finally got my money back. I am a smaller guy, I can only guess what one of the big places like Firestone would have done to you if they wanted to. It's nice to talk a big talk, but like I said, you got lucky. I wouldn't brag.
Reply to
gunbunny31

I think this is all pretty funny too, because I have been there also, as a shop owner. I had a customer that owed me a couple thousand dollars for repairs that were done, and changed on account. He would never pay up, he was going broke. I was patient because I figured he would need repairs done again, and he would be back. One day he stopped in dropping off some construction equipment for repair. I repaired it, then called him up and let him know it was done, but I needed cold hard cash for the repairs and the past due. He came in screaming, threatened to call the cops, but he never did get his equipment back. I filled a mechanics lien on the equipment, and sold it all

90 days later for more than what was owed. As far as your threats of a law suit for fraud, it would be damned hard to prove that it was not a simple mistake. After all the shop fixed your truck in the end. The only fraud here is when you refused to pay for any of it. I would have told you to go pack sand! A legit way to have handled this was for them to pay for damages to your truck, and you pay for the repairs. The way I see it is you defrauded the shop by refusing to pay a legit repair bill. Greg
Reply to
Greg O

Hey Randy, Why don't you give us your business addy so we can all avoid a sue happy clown like you? HD

Reply to
HoDad

Agree 100%

"Randolf' must live in some kind of fantasy world. These matters are strictly civil as far as the law is concerned, the police and the public prosecutor are NOT going to get involved, the police will not order the vehicle returned, the public prosecutor isn't going to 'strip' anyones business licence. Why? because it's non of their business. An attorney would want substantial money up front to retain the case, no, 'you don't pay unless we win' bull shit.

All things considered, I give this troll a 2.7

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Where is the term "public prosecutor" used?

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Typo and all...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

============= =============

idiot

~:~ marsh ~sips his shroomjuice......thinks he'll pay a little visit to yer past~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

============ ============

49 From: randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com - view profile Date: Thurs, Sep 8 2005 10:52 am Email: randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Groups: talk.politics.guns Not yet ratedRating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Everyone,

Yes, I've had my fair share of unemployment. I was laid off three times within a twenty-two month span beginning in 2002. It wasn't fun or pretty. Not for me or the other poor souls with kids and dependants.

Since then though I get calls from headhunters and recruiters every week. I'm lucky in that the skills I have presently are in high demand. Won't always be the case though.

Biking eight miles to work is very rewarding. Having several hundred cars, all occupied by one individual, passing me by on the road is a gut wrenching sight. They're all fueling the death and destruction in the middle east if not the entire world.

Wars today are fought for two reasons:

1.) Economics 2.) Ethnics

What type of war do you suppose we are involved in today. What simpleton cannot draw a correlation between our consumption of oil with

the ongoing conflicts in oil rich nations? Who then shares the responsibility? Who can stomach the truth?

"Capitalism...the idea that anyone, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity,

religion or economic standing, with both determination and hard work can aspire to be the slave of any aristocrat of his or her choosing."

-- W.J.

Randolf

================ ================

maybe............

you should jest go back to riding yer bike, then you wouldn't have all these "sue" worries over frauding you on repairs........

or........

did yer legs git tired???

rotfflmfao @ mr greenpeace!!!!!

so...... A bad thing ain't a bad thing when the bad thing ain't a bad thing for you?????

i know, i know......... you had good intentions of NEVER contributing to the problem again yerself, but riding is a bit easier than pedl'ng aint it?

i make me laugh.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his mushroomtea......goes to dig for more proof that yer an idiot~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

. .

. .

idiot

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a hit off his homegrown......goes to find more proof~

============== ============== From: randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com - view profile Date: Tues, Nov 8 2005 10:16 am Email: randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Groups: misc.survivalism Not yet ratedRating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Guys,

How are you prepared?

I've got 1,500 pounds of corn (30 x 50lb sacks) in the garage. Hand crank mill to make my grits and corn meal. A 800 acre ranch in the Ozark mountains. One DPMS A2 and one Armalite M15A4 with scope and 20 thirty round mags. A partner who can split nat hairs at 300yds with the scoped rifle. Two thousand rounds of 62grn hollow points.

No anti-viral drugs :(

Randolf

Reply to
Marsh Monster

. .

. .

yep......

yer an IDIOT!

~:~ mm ~puts down his dooby, puts down his shroomjuice, puts down his crownroyal, goes to git his 30/30 and make sure it's loaded, he don't think even bud will side with this dude~ ================= =================

From: randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com - view profile Date: Mon, Oct 17 2005 3:02 pm Email: randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Groups: misc.survivalism Not yet ratedRating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Guys,

Wish the Bird Flu would hurry up and mutate and kill half the world's population! Doesn't everyone agree that the world is over populated? Too many people. Not enough resources. Wish that bird flu would mutate into something as deadly as Ebola, but have four times the incubation period. Just wipe the world clean of third world countries and most of the U.S.

Wouldn't it be great to have too much housing! Sure, we all would be filing bankruptcy, but they would be giving houses away in the next town for free.

Who needs all this bullsiht? Who needs bankers, lawyers, politicians and the republican party. Let's wipe the slate clean. Who want's to start a prayer group that God will deliver us a virus to wipe out the bulk of humanity?

He's done it before with a flood...why not a virus? God has experience

with this kind of thing, right? It's in the bible. So, I'm not unethical in my reasoning. Those republican conservatives can't complain, right?

Randolf

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Yup, this is why we need birth control.