I Got $1,000.00 free labor and parts on my Dodge 98 Diesel...here's how!

Page 2 of 4

Typo and all...

I meant where geographically is the term used. I live in Michigan and have never heard the term used before. Not even considering the typo. I have also never heard of prosecutors acting in what appears to be a civil lawsuit.
Ken

said even happened as it is so ridiculous!
--
PoorUB
'05 Ultra Classic
Greg O wrote:

================== I agree.
The dude (op) doesn't have a clue!
He made it entirely too easy to pick apart his fictious rant by inserting way too many "won't happens" into it. As all the other guys that work in the biz have posted, the dude would still be walk'n, rant'n, and pull'n his hair out all while his lovely little ride sat in the back lot rusting and waiting on the title to show up so's it could be sold. End of story.
The cute part was the "Prosecutor". rotflmao
That reeeeeellly tickled my gizzards. lol
~:~ mm ~takes a sip of his coffee..........and calls the prosecutors office to let them help him with his missing newspaper delivery.....they ain't so busy they won't help me with it~
rotflmao....... i make me laugh

Waiting for the title to show up does not take long around here! Around here once you put a lien on a vehicle the "owner" gets 90 days to pay up. After that time you need to put an add in the paper listing an auction for the vehicle, and the sheriff will bring over the title for you, unless a bank holds a loan on it. If their is a loan on it, it still can be sold but the loan needs to be satisfied before the vehicle goes away. Usually the bank is very helpful because it the "owner" has not paid for the repairs chances are he has not made loan payments either! I have seen instances were the bank will write off allot of the loan to make sure they don't get stuck with the vehicle. Greg
The ass kicker is, that I didn't get paid for a couple of years. Some of that was my fault because I was too busy trying to take care of other peoples problems to get around to doing something with the truck. It didn't take long to get the title once I got the ball rolling. I got to wonder though, if this guy isn't feeling guilty for ripping someone off and feels he needs to justify it with us. Maybe he thought he would get the "atta boy" treatment. Probably the service manager will likely back flag the poor tech involved to re-coup the loss. Not much, but a little here and there. Just until he get the $1000.00 all so you can throw a fit. Can you carry a grand on your books that you will never get back? Ever wonder why it costs so much for service? You can thank your friend here for that. Oh, by the way, I'm in Cincinnati. east side. don't bother bringing your crap here.
I don't feel ashamed. I feel great! Hope it teaches those common thieves a lesson. How can sleezy repair shop workers go home and look their wives and kids in the eye after having spent the day robbing poor and innocent people is beyond me. I'd like to know their trick...maybe it involves lots of alcohol and/or drugs?
Actually the bumper was around $500 and the front end work $850...so that's really $1,350.00 or so. For the record "fraud" is not a civil matter.
Randolf
Marsha,
Cut back on the drugs...seriously.
Randolf
Forgot to mention I also got a free upgrade from 235/85 to 265/75 on my tires cause when I originally came in he pointed to the 265/75's and said those are the ones I quoted you the price on. When I brought the truck back after finding the alignment still bad I pointed out the fact that the tires on it were not the ones he pointed out and had agreed to sell me for the price. That was easily $80 worth of free tire I got. So, let's make the tally closer to $1,430.00. Wish I could hit $1,500.00...just a nice pleasent round number :)
Of course when you figure all the time I lost (and stress) argueing with them I'm sure the number goes well below $100.00 :(
Randolf
In article
randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

What work didn't they do?
Not the least bit surprised that a truck with a worn out front end wouldn't handle any better after an alignment than it did before.
Anything after this point is just shenanigans on your part, anything before this point is speculation.
You wouldn't say that if you had read the entire thread.
Randolf
I did, and it would. I'm not saying that feel sorry for the mass tire places. sometimes they get what's comming to them. they hire idiots out of half way houses and don't pay squat. Those guys really don't care if your truck is right or not. What the hell, their car runs fine. But...... you should have known this going in.
I am a champion! I rule the world! Who else could get so much for so little? Feel like I won the sweepstakes.
Randolf

and that IS truly sad.
--
-Chris
05 CTD
In article
randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I did read the entire thread.
You took a truck with a worn out front end in for tires and an alignment. The truck still didn't handle to your expectations... ...no shit, the front end was worn out. You then proceeded to authorize the needed repairs under false pretenses, then skipped on the bill.
You didn't get free parts and labor as the subject line says, you just didn't pay the bill. Big difference!
I got it in writing that I don't owe them a single penny for any service, labor and parts with the signatures of both the manager and president. Plus the second bill with a big "NO CHARGE" written and signed by the manager. I still paid for the tires and alignment. So, smarta$$ I still get warranty work...or they will be getting it up the rear themselves.
You just have to show them who is boss...
Randolf
In article
randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

YA (yet another) version of the story.

You're from Arkansas... I saw Deliverance... Too much information!

They should have contacted you when it came time to invent a story, I mean excuse, for their incompetence. I feel for the poor souls who trust in you.
Randolf
In article
randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

So, the public prosecutor prosecutes cases of "incompetence?
What happened to "fraud?"
Those two words "" are not synonymous.
Ya wanna start over with a better (another) story?