i need help with my truck

i have a 1996 dodge truck ram 1500 it is running hot . what is causeing it do that.
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks /
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Combustion
Now, going on the plethora of information you're provided, it could be that it's low on coolant - could be the thermostat's stuck... the radiator could be plugged, the water pump impeller could be eroded... could be an air pocket, or a number of other, more obscure things.
How about a little more information... ie. when does it overheat - what type of driving. What have you done so far to try and isolate the problem?
Tom Lawrence wrote:

How come the Jasper remanufactured engine in my '98 Ram doesn't get the fuel economy of my original 318?
SMH
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:50:23 GMT, Stephen Harding

WHy doesn't my Hemi sound the same as my Diesel?
PeterD wrote:

Why does my Diesel sound like its got a pinging problem?

REAL trucks rattle!
Mike

Fixed it for ya! :^)

And don't have spark plugs?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 08:30:11 -0800, mac davis

Stupid Hemi has 16 of 'em... I'll have to sell the truck when it needs a tuneup, I can't afford that many plugs!

REAL trucks don't have seat heaters!!!! <VBG>>
Denny

A big friggin' OUCH!!!!!!
Roy

...keep it up.... just keep it up.....
;^)
Mike

Because you bought a Duramax!

Low on coolant.
~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke..........guess's guess's are jest guess's when left to guessing he guess's~ ~:~
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 01:21:37 -0800 (PST), Marsh Monster

or, could be the large nut behind the steering wheel?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
misstmb wrote:

rad plugged with mud