i need help with my truck

i have a 1996 dodge truck ram 1500 it is running hot . what is causeing it do that.

-- Message posted using

information at

misstmb

Combustion

Now, going on the plethora of information you're provided, it could be that it's low on coolant - could be the thermostat's stuck... the radiator could be plugged, the water pump impeller could be eroded... could be an air pocket, or a number of other, more obscure things.

How about a little more information... ie. when does it overheat - what type of driving. What have you done so far to try and isolate the problem?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Low on coolant.

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke..........guess's guess's are jest guess's when left to guessing he guess's~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

using

> More information at

or, could be the large nut behind the steering wheel?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

How come the Jasper remanufactured engine in my '98 Ram doesn't get the fuel economy of my original 318?

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

WHy doesn't my Hemi sound the same as my Diesel?

Reply to
PeterD

Why does my Diesel sound like its got a pinging problem?

Reply to
miles

REAL trucks rattle!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Fixed it for ya! :^)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

More information at

rad plugged with mud

Reply to
Picasso

Because you bought a Duramax!

Reply to
Big Al

And don't have spark plugs?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Stupid Hemi has 16 of 'em... I'll have to sell the truck when it needs a tuneup, I can't afford that many plugs!

Reply to
PeterD

REAL trucks don't have seat heaters!!!! >

Denny

Reply to
Denny

A big friggin' OUCH!!!!!!