I think my next truck will be a Toyota!

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id 438

--
PoorUB
'05 Ultra Classic
snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net says...

The old Toyotas rusted almost instantly, and the interiors fell apart pretty quickly too, but the drivetrain lasted forever. My neighbor's had an early 80's truck that rusted so fast it was almost a joke, but a 4x4 and plywood "bed" kept it running many years. It was passed down from kid to kid as a first vehicle. It finally got taken to the crusher at around age 15 when it's frame cracked after the youngest kid hit a pothole, and lost front passenger side wheel and hub. They were getting ready to fix it again, but saw the cracked frame and said "goodbye".
The replacement 96 or 97 Toy is long gone, and the one that replaced it too... Now they have an Explorer all the kids still at home drive.
The Toyota's aren't what they used to be..too bad..
BDK
says...

joke as far as comfort! Hard thin seats, no air, AM radio, but. it ran like a champ. After we got married she drove my Chevy, and I rode my motorcycle, or the Toy. I beat the hell out of it for two years and the only problem I had was a screw come loose on the shift linkage, in the tranny. Not a big deal to repair, it was like a miniature Muncie four speed with the shift linkage on the side cover. Popped off the cover, tighten the set screw and away it went. The repair took 1/2 or so. I used to speed shift through the gears with it, just hold the gas peddle to the floor and run the clutch and shift gears. Never did break anything!
--
PoorUB
'05 Ultra Classic

That is... amazing! My husband's now regretting recently selling his 1991 Toyota pickup that he bought new. It's in a lot better shape than the one on this show started off as though.
Toyota should take bits of this and make a commercial out of it. Too bad "Built Toyota Tough" is already taken :)
Wow. Don't try this at home, kids...
jmc

But dont you know there is "Danger of death from Toyota"? Havent you seen the million spam posts from that idiot?
If I hd the money for a truck, I would buy a toyate somewhere around 89-91with the 22re motor. Some of the easiest trucks to work on.

this Saturday to pickup a 93 4x4 xtracab V6 Toyota. It will replace my 05 Ram SLT QC 4x4. I sure will miss the Hemi but I rather have a paid for house than a paid for Ram. Wow thing sure do change after having your 1st kid.
Wait till he (or she) heads for college!
Ed