I've a thought.

Page 1 of 6
About a week or so ago,"the machine" was a topic of conversation and some accusations among a few of us. Have you noticed what has happened since?
No more about "the machine" AND no more from DENNY!!! What do ya think??? I'm of the belief that my wide assed buddy might have taken off to the back forty with "the machine" I can picture it now: Ol' fur face sprawled out in a lean to hooked up to "the machine", his new AR locked and loaded in one hand and a bottle of ripple in the other, just waiting for somebody to try to take "the machine" away from him. Probably has Pink Floyd playing in the background. <GBMFG>
Roy

Yeah, I think you are right Roy. He is 'treating himself' after such a successful Easter. That and maybe thinking of some little bunnies in Maine...
FMB
Nope . . .no way ... ain't gonna make no comments a bout ya'll havin a "thought" . . . . . . at least, not this time . . . . . . BG
--
Budd Cochran

"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message

wow. i'm having thoughts now of pulp fiction. i see the guys down in the basement, but now i see denny in the wabbit suit walking down the stairs. vewy scawy gentlemen.
I wished for peace between us when you claimed to be leaving the group, now you've "come back" with my name in an insulting address line.
I see now the offer was wasted, pearls before swine, as the Bible calls it.
You made the decision to write the address in that manner, so all responsibility is on you.
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 20:20:02 -0600, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:>I wished for peace between us when you claimed to be leaving the group, now

whatever.
You really are kidding, right?!?!?!?
"Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote in message
No, Tom, I'm not.
You two always spun the blame towards me for the strife between myself and you guys and when I make a gesture of peace, one of you will pull this kind of crap and then spin it into being my fault again.
Guess what? Now it's Google archived as to who is responsible and who supported the insult, you.
So, now what? Do you clowns continue your attacks? Do you continue your hatred and bigotries?
As for me, do your worst. I do want to thank you, Tom, for honing my skills at ignoring bigoted idiots like yourself and "theguy".
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9

You just can't ignore them?

You are playing the blame game with.......

That is a bit over dramatic imo.

Are you sure that "the guy" it is not a spoof? The original didn't operate in that manner, also the verbiage is different.
Please take a deep breath and relax for a bit or I might be the oldest old fart here.<G>
Roy

So, you haven't noticed T-bone's attempts to start new arguments?

No one of importance, but by replying, the insulting addy is recorded for posterity.
Roy, have you forgotten the number of times you've told me to shut up/not reply/ignore/etc. while letting them alone in those arguments? Why is that? Is it my religious beliefs? my political choices? The color of my hair?
If anyone should have been quiet, it should have been you because you took the advice you wanted to give me . . .again..

Yes, in your opinion. In my opinion, it was necessary.

I don't really care as it could be a case of theguy changing his verbage to disguise himself.

I believe you already are. I'm not 60 yet and, iirc, you are over 60, right?
Roy, I really did not need your input on this and was going to read but ignore any further postings from those two. May I go back to that now??? It may have all been nothing more than T-bone using it to start an argument. You should have left it alone, IMHO.
--
Budd Cochran

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.

Not really. I saw where he commented on a mpg thing, but that was it.

No Budd I have not. You have made a believer out of me, it is futility to suggest that you ignore.

Since you asked I'll answer, after I answer your other questions

No
No
The color of my hair?
No
It is my foolish attempt to suggest to you that not get worked up and start your usual response to a person that you feel that disagreed with you or to use your word "attacked". Rest assured when you go off on sombody I shant attempt to quell the flames again.

I don't really follow the above. But if you meant that I should have ignored your response to tg or tb you are 100% correct.

Seems I was wrong it was "the guy" Hell he even apologized. Of course he responded to your post.

Nah, not 60 yet.

Well ya got it, live with it, it wasn't harmful.

I don't see where tb was attempting to start an argument. Budd, I thought you were kidding too.

You should follow your own advive IMHO
Roy

It's one of many, but I don't expect or ask anyone to look for them, I just thought you might have noticed.

You have several times (BG) , but my point is made, I will respond if I think I need to.

But you still did not answer the question: why have you never told T-bone or theguy to not reply?

Sorry, I dropped a word or two.
It should have read, "If anyone should have been quiet, it should have been you because you should have taken the advice you wanted to give me . . .again.."

Then he negated the "apology" with the next paragraph.

I'll be 60 in February 07.

Are you sure? My hand would have been stinging from the slapping if I handed jerked it back. ;^)

Nope. I wasn't kidding. He says he uses my name as a profanity, a curse word. Maybe it means nothing to you, but it means a lot to me.

As should have you, my friend. <VBG> Yes, I do consider you a friend, Roy.
You and I can and have disagreed without the name calling, etc. that tb and tg seem to require. If we do insult the other, we can apologize without renegging on the apology, and the other can accept it.

Budd
***

My mistake I only answered the first of your two part question. "No Budd I have not" was the answer to your "have you forgotten the number of times....."

Now for the second part of your two part question that I missed. Actually that is easy. You and I go back a bit. That said, when these folks or anybody else does anything that you feel is out of line a bit you turn it into a friggin' war.imo. All tb said "was your kidding right?" Your reply was friggin' nuts imo. It is what you do, overeaction, honestly at time's you make an ass of yourself and this is one of those times. As a friend I was trying to nudge you away from some overaction. I'm sure you don't like the answer but you asked the question.

This is what I mean. It is over the top with regard to what was posted.

Here ya are again.

He apologized and explained. He didn't have to. Then he replied to you in his second para. Odd though, he used the same word "over react"

No Shit!!! You ARE older than me!!

Your are much too sensitive.<G>

I don't see where he used your name as anything.

Yup.
I'm going to go back and snip some of this, I'm starting to get lost here.
Roy

My apologies.

Roy,
In your opinion, I was being one of those, but in mine I was replying to a known adversary in a manner, IMHO, far more politely than he deserved. It boils down to a difference in opinion of oneself and one's name. I found it insulting. I replied to that.

This is what I mean, also. You've read what they have said about my beliefs, politics and the names used to refer to me with the use of my name as a profanity being the latest . . .and that's ok with you?

What? Telling the truth? Stating a fact? That I will be ignoring their comments and replies in the future?

And the insults thrown about in the second paragraph had no meaning? To you, maybe not, but I would have been offended if they had been said about you simply because you are my friend.

Can't be by much.

Nope, I still have normal reaction times. I have slowed a bit over the years, though. I'm down to 0.17 seconds, but could be health or medication related, according to my doctor.

He did, but here again, it's differing opinions or attitudes towards one's name. Heck, maybe just the difference in how we were raised, but that's the point of the matter. I was raised that a person's name is sacred, kinda like God's last name is not "damn", you see. It demonstrated his lack of any kind of respect for another person's beliefs. And that is contrary to their claims of having tolerance toward others.

Don't cut too close or you may not have any fingers left to count on. <BG>
Budd
***

I saw no hatred or bigitory in tb post or tg's post. How you arrived at that is beyond me. At best your post was inflamatory.

He still apologized. Then he responded to your post. Hell Budd, I would have as well. Actually I still am.<G> But this is my last, the race is on and I can't multi task tonight. g'night.

Don't matter you are still older. By 2 months. <G>

Ooookay!
Roy
Now Now you old ass children!!! No desert for you two tonight!!!!!

Your too late!!
Roy
I'll take away tomorrows! No beer either!!!!!!
:)

Fine with me. I'm a diabetic, anyway.
<VBG>
--