I've a thought.

Page 2 of 6

Personally, I was thinking of that line from the movie Ice Age where the mammoth says "don't make me turn around".. *rofl*
opps... we're not being bigoted, hateful or irreverent, are we? Mac

Admittedly, with tb the intention was to encourage him to go bother someone else or just go away. I do not have any desire to converse with him on any earthly matter.
OTOH, and I really don't see why you don't see it, tg stated publicly that his use of my name was as an expletive, a profanity, a curse word to him. That is an insult.

Yes, you are responding, but unlike tb and tg you can do it with courtesy, intelligence and in a non insulting manner. In a nutshell, you have values regarding the treatment of others.

You have a birthday this month? My eldest was born on the 30th of this month.

Later, friend. Hope ya don't lose too many pesos on the race.
Budd
***

You asked him THREE QUESTION'S in your post! How can you say you didn't want to converse with him, when by clear language you encourage a conversation ? You didn't just open the door, you kicked it open imo. Read 3 para's up. (I'm trimming this again.)

I didn't see that in this thread. How far back in history are you going? Ya gotta treat each thread as new if possible. Clinging to the past around here isn't healthy. After all, it isn't real. <G>

At the beginning.
Roy

Rhetorical questions, Roy. Read them again.

What's not real? That my name is used in a defamatory manner and admittedly so by theguy? Try looking at it from another perspective and values set, mine. "Great Spirit, let me not judge another until I have walked a day in his moccasins."
I'm sorry you can't understand my viewpoint. I've tried my best but somehow it's something you, as well as tg and tb, don't understand. All that says is that you approve of that behavior towards others.
So be it. It's a shame the old values that made America great are being kicked aside like trash. At one time, the Biblical values of having a good name being better than riches meant something and to have those values earned a person respect.
I will keep those values. If you don't have the respect for yourself to defend your name, then that's your choice. You, nor anyone else, do not have the authority or right to tell me I should not or cannot defend my name because your values about the matter differ from mine.

So you just turned 59?
Hey, are you saying you are an "April Fool's Day" birth? You lucky son of a gun. All I can claim for my birthday is that it's before Washington's, after Lincoln's, and the same day John Glenn orbited the Earth. . . .the first time, that is.
Budd
***

Rehtorical and inflamatory it opened the door. You knew, as did most here that a response in kind would follow. Why would you be surprised, it has happened so many times before I can write the script.

How did he defame your name??

Now what are we indians?

I guess what it says is I saw nothing wrong with tb's post. I've enjoyed tg's humor for a number years even before he was "the guy" As I said before it is your need for continual over the top response's is the behavior that I question.

Respect is earned in many ways.

I defend myself when the oppont is worthy or the comment made is significant. Otherwise I let it slide.

As I said before I was trying to nudge you from over reacting. Also told you I wouldn't make that attempt again.

Yup
Yup, right again. Having that b day and the ensueing jokes can get real interesting. Thinking about it, if I applied you values I'd spend all my time in a brawl defending my birthday. Doubtful you see my point, but it is there.
Roy

Neither was he surprised I responded as I did, though getting such a confession from him would probably be harder than finding life on the sun.

<LOL> Roy, tg admitted he used the name derogatorally in reference to anything that frustrated him. That's called "confession".

No, but the saying fits. Don't judge another unless you have lived as he does. That's how I know what the difference between political issues really are, for exam[ple, I used to be a Liberal until I woke up to reality.

What it says is that you don't see my side of it, can't see it or won't see it. Only you know the true reason.

I don't remember who he is and he won't remind me. We may have been friends at one time, but I don't know since I don't remember who he was. Now, it no longer matters because of his decision to denegrate my name without remorse.
I would rather be friends, but I will not bend my values to suit anyone AND I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. I ask no one to bend theirs, just accept me as I am and I will accept them.
But there lies the rub. You and I can agree to disagree and not get into name calling, etc., they cannot.

In your opinion. Using a person's name in a derogatory matter and ADMITTING TO IT is not the way to earn mine, regardless of who's name it is.

Oh, gee, can I do that? waitaminit . . .THAT'S WHAT THE HECK I'M DOING!!!!!! but only I see it that way. you, tg, and tb see me as the bad guy for doing what each of you have done yourselves.

And I keep telling you and others that I have my set of values, based on the Bible, that require me to reply to things that, apparently, you and other consider trivial.
You see things from a completely different perspective, a different set of values and when you tell me that I shouldn't "over-react" you're telling me to follow YOUR values, and not my own.

Personally, I would enjoy it. Not many jokes left running around about those three guys on or about the time of my birthday.

I see the point your attempting to make, Roy, and I appreciate the effort, but there is a difference: there is no scripture charging me to ensure a good "birthday". I truth my friend, you would have to spend some time as fundamental Christian conservative to understand. And what would be the chances of that? <VBG> The phrase, "snowflake in Hell" comes to mind.
And this is the first time I've ever had my name publicy announced as being used as a curse or profanity.
Budd
***

Roy
I do hope you understand my position a bit better, Roy.
Catch ya later, friend.
--
Budd Cochran

"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message
that I thought I found what upset Budd.
FMB
that I thought I found what upset Budd. That to me is not defamation.
Roy

And he admitted to using my name as a reference to anything frustrating. According to the way I was raised, my beliefs, that is an insult, even since it is a nickname.
It's odd that tb can get mad and make some really serious threats if someone uses his name at all because of how, according to hi, his name was denigrated in some groups, but I'm to ignore the insult to my name.
--
Budd Cochran

"FMB" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

More complete bullshit. I thought that you didn't lie.

If you are going to keep bringing my name up, at least get it right. My name was not denigrated, it was being used in other groups by that asshole checkmate. That is a big difference from the very minor joke that theguy made with yours. Grow up already.

I don't. I understood him to be saying he uses my name as profanity in reference to anything that frustrates him. Get that through your thick head, Tom. You don't tell me what he meant.

And you were offended or you would not have taken any action, like changing to a screen name. If you were angered, upset, inflamed, irate, irritated, maddened, or felt belittiled by checkmate's activities with your name, THEN YOU TOO WERE OFFENDED, TOM. You just haven't been taught that's what you were experiencing because of unauthorized use of your name.
BTW, Tom, tg didn't ask permission to use my name outside this goup either.
Now, go mind your own business for a change . . . .correction, for the first time.
Budd
***

Well, it is the week end, and some humor is in order.
Roy

Mac
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:13:14 -0600, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:

yeah, another great post budd. geez. tbone was a really bad boy too and he was wrong, or might have been wrong or then again, maybe he wasn't wrong at all, maybe you are just have another senior moment.

26 hours left
~:~ marsh ~restocks his cooler, rolls some homegrown, checks the pot of boiling mushrooms, takes a hit of his joint, sips his coffee, uncaps the crownroyal............. and settles in for the countdown~
On 30 Apr 2006 07:09:18 -0700, "Marsh Monster"

i've got 26 hours and 3 minutes left. i wouldn't want budd feelin like i shorted the little fella out of anything.

Speaking of little fella's, I wonder where Denny is. I figured he would have jumped in. After all this thread was about him.
Roy

Mac