I've a thought.

wow.... where's Dr. Phil when ya need him?? Mac

mac davis

Roflmao *high five* Mac

mac davis

Marsh.. IMHO, the net nannies killed the cheby group.. these "pissing on each others feet" threads somehow keep the NG alive...

The Chevy group could use a few more threads about unrelated shit, IMO.. might make a few folks look at it once in a while.. Mac

mac davis

========== ==========

I'm currently developing a strategy to resurrect that room.

It entails allowing myself to become victom to an onslaught of deflamatory replies........... something that I'm try'n to come to terms with.

After all, at heart, I'm a sweet guy and not one for conflict.

~:~ marsh ~makes himself giggle.......takes sip of his shroomjuice.....wonders how he's gonna trick these guys into helping him piss off the wannabe's in the chev room~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Hey!! I worked all day to come up with this.

Bro ..ya sure there isn't something you'd like to share? Sorta maybe drag it out of the closet.

I know I've got some here someplace, I just know I do.

Have you heard from Denny recently?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Well, that much is obvious ;-)

Reply to
TBone

Well, some people are slow at learning . . . .

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Rhetorical questions, Roy. Read them again.

What's not real? That my name is used in a defamatory manner and admittedly so by theguy? Try looking at it from another perspective and values set, mine. "Great Spirit, let me not judge another until I have walked a day in his moccasins."

I'm sorry you can't understand my viewpoint. I've tried my best but somehow it's something you, as well as tg and tb, don't understand. All that says is that you approve of that behavior towards others.

So be it. It's a shame the old values that made America great are being kicked aside like trash. At one time, the Biblical values of having a good name being better than riches meant something and to have those values earned a person respect.

I will keep those values. If you don't have the respect for yourself to defend your name, then that's your choice. You, nor anyone else, do not have the authority or right to tell me I should not or cannot defend my name because your values about the matter differ from mine.

So you just turned 59?

Hey, are you saying you are an "April Fool's Day" birth? You lucky son of a gun. All I can claim for my birthday is that it's before Washington's, after Lincoln's, and the same day John Glenn orbited the Earth. . . .the first time, that is.

Budd

***
Reply to
Budd Cochran

Rehtorical and inflamatory it opened the door. You knew, as did most here that a response in kind would follow. Why would you be surprised, it has happened so many times before I can write the script.

How did he defame your name??

Now what are we indians?

I guess what it says is I saw nothing wrong with tb's post. I've enjoyed tg's humor for a number years even before he was "the guy" As I said before it is your need for continual over the top response's is the behavior that I question.

Respect is earned in many ways.

I defend myself when the oppont is worthy or the comment made is significant. Otherwise I let it slide.

As I said before I was trying to nudge you from over reacting. Also told you I wouldn't make that attempt again.

Yup

Yup, right again. Having that b day and the ensueing jokes can get real interesting. Thinking about it, if I applied you values I'd spend all my time in a brawl defending my birthday. Doubtful you see my point, but it is there.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Neither was he surprised I responded as I did, though getting such a confession from him would probably be harder than finding life on the sun.

Roy, tg admitted he used the name derogatorally in reference to anything that frustrated him. That's called "confession".

No, but the saying fits. Don't judge another unless you have lived as he does. That's how I know what the difference between political issues really are, for exam[ple, I used to be a Liberal until I woke up to reality.

What it says is that you don't see my side of it, can't see it or won't see it. Only you know the true reason.

I don't remember who he is and he won't remind me. We may have been friends at one time, but I don't know since I don't remember who he was. Now, it no longer matters because of his decision to denegrate my name without remorse.

I would rather be friends, but I will not bend my values to suit anyone AND I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. I ask no one to bend theirs, just accept me as I am and I will accept them.

But there lies the rub. You and I can agree to disagree and not get into name calling, etc., they cannot.

In your opinion. Using a person's name in a derogatory matter and ADMITTING TO IT is not the way to earn mine, regardless of who's name it is.

Oh, gee, can I do that? waitaminit . . .THAT'S WHAT THE HECK I'M DOING!!!!!! but only I see it that way. you, tg, and tb see me as the bad guy for doing what each of you have done yourselves.

And I keep telling you and others that I have my set of values, based on the Bible, that require me to reply to things that, apparently, you and other consider trivial.

You see things from a completely different perspective, a different set of values and when you tell me that I shouldn't "over-react" you're telling me to follow YOUR values, and not my own.

Personally, I would enjoy it. Not many jokes left running around about those three guys on or about the time of my birthday.

I see the point your attempting to make, Roy, and I appreciate the effort, but there is a difference: there is no scripture charging me to ensure a good "birthday". I truth my friend, you would have to spend some time as fundamental Christian conservative to understand. And what would be the chances of that? The phrase, "snowflake in Hell" comes to mind.

And this is the first time I've ever had my name publicy announced as being used as a curse or profanity.

Budd

***
Reply to
Budd Cochran

I guess we have about beat it to death. I'm done.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Roy, I couldn't find what the issue Budd was upset about either, at first. I use OE as my newsgroup reader and I click on what I want to read and it comes into the window below. That is where I read it. I saw nothing unusually wrong.

It wasn't till I double clicked and saw the whole "From" address of theguy (@nowaybudd.net) that I thought I found what upset Budd.

FMB

Reply to
FMB

Let me guess, were you 'big'? Is that where you got the idea for da machine? Oh, wait, you are only a user, not the inventor.

FMB

Reply to
FMB

That to me is not defamation.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Bro, I had nothing to do with this.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

And he admitted to using my name as a reference to anything frustrating. According to the way I was raised, my beliefs, that is an insult, even since it is a nickname.

It's odd that tb can get mad and make some really serious threats if someone uses his name at all because of how, according to hi, his name was denigrated in some groups, but I'm to ignore the insult to my name.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I do hope you understand my position a bit better, Roy.

Catch ya later, friend.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I don't think they even HAD the big mac then! lol

Mostly "Mac the knife" and "hey Mac" followed by a giggle... like someone named Bud would get, I guess.. Mac

mac davis

Seems like I got a bunch of jokes from him recently??

Maybe if we call him "Dennis" he'll peek back in?? Mac

mac davis

FYI, "Rosebud", "Cockroach", "Chucky", "Cock-run", "Cocky" and the like have been said to my face, but in no case did the speaker state it had become a word for them to use as a profanity.

I stopped decking people for those names when I realized I could cave in car doors with a single punch. I didn't want to kill anyone over a name. What tg did with his admission was a different thing altogether, IMHO.

Could we drop the subject now, or should I write an entire thesis on differing moral values and personal values in America from the 1700's till today? ;)

Budd

***
Reply to
Budd Cochran