I've bought trucks for less...GOOD trucks

Just got the call from the transmission shop. Sounds like the case is about the only thing salvageable from my '99 1500. Said it looked as if it had been run dry at some point. 107K on the odo. It's not any
worse than I expected (how could it be) but it's difficult to imagine how someone could pretty much total an automatic tranny when the rest of the truck is in such good condition. Outta sight, outta mind I suppose. Anyway, it costs $2300.00 to rebuild one in southern Oregon. I bet I get more than 107K out of it, too. But...I remember when you could buy a good truck for less than that. ;-]
Wolfie '07 Nissan Maxima SE '03 Vulcan 1600 classic '99 Ram 1500 QC 4X4