Identifying a carburator?

I've got a 75 1 ton 360 and it has a two barrel. First they told me at Autozone there were 5 possible models. So i've looked around the web trying to figure out where and which of the numbers on my caburator is the correct one. I can't find a picture of mine and when I called back they said there were only two models and the carb kit covers both. Not wanting to waste too much more time I'm looking for someone who might have an idea where I should look next. Ken

Reply to
clannorm

Does the fuel line go into the fuel bowl from the passenger side of from the front side?

Passenger side = Holley

From front = Carter.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I should hav mentioned it was a Holly. I got the kit they said would work and i've found out the model # Thanks ken

Reply to
clannorm

The FIRST place to look is at a REAL parts store.... not Autozone. Try a NAPA dealer, you will get the help you need.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

No prob. Glad to help.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I have to be fair, Mike.

NAPA stores are as varied as their staff. The local one here in Moab isn't nearly as good as the CarQuest or the Parts Plus stores on customer service. It has contracts with a local mine and all the off-road / tour businesses and the local shade-tree needing to get to work Monday morning is up that well known creek.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

R, Joe

Reply to
Gunner

I have a 71, witha 360. It has a Holly on it. It was the most common stock carb back then.

Reply to
Scott Hendryx