ignition cylinder

I have a 2001 durango and the ignition cylinder is jammed and no amount of wheel jiggling and key wiggling will get it to turn. so does anybody have
any info on causes and solutions. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to change it at this point, so if you know of any special tools or tips I'd appreciate it.
Go to a dealer. Requires special tool not publicly available because of theft issues, could cause MUCH more damage trying to fix it - tilt wheel and all. Might seem to be getting better when you're actually loosening critical components of the steering mechanism. Again, take it to a dealer.
Jeff

appreciate
Absolutely. This is no a do-it-yourself moment, leave this one to the professionals.
Will

of
have
change
And what professionals are we talking about here? :-) LOL

I believe in doing it yourself whenever possible, but a locking pin improperly set sliding into position and locking your steering while your on the freeway just seems like a bad idea. A better choice of words would be leave it to an experienced and knowledgeable mechanic. I've rebuilt motors, changed out trannies, even done my own alignments with a set of sliding rods, but if my ignition cylinder locks up, it's going to the shop. Of course this doesn't apply to my '61 LeSabre ...... ignition's in the dash :)
G'Day Will

amount
Don't try it, you'll do more harm than good.

appreciate
bd,will and lorne must be dealers

Sorry bud, not a dealer!! just a happy Dodge Ram Diesel owner :-)))