Ignition switch hard to turn off

97 Ram 1500/5.2L 78k miles. Lately (last couple months or so) it's becoming increasingly difficult to turn the ignition key to the full off position where I can remove the key. I find pulling the shift lever harder into Park helps. Knowing others may have had this problem I thought I'd bring this to the group and ask if anyone knows how to deal with this. (yes, I know not to spray WD40 into the lock or shift column)

Suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
RamMan

The park/shift interlock may need an adjustment or it could be a lubrication issue. Use a lube specifically for locks such as "Lock-Ease"

Hope this helps!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Check out this TSB. The note section in step 9 matches your problem.

Nosey

Thanks. Will try the suggested lock lube first. If that doesn't fix it, linkage adjustment would seem to be in order.

Reply to
RamMan