injector pump 93 cumins d350

As a mechanic out of the trade for 20 years or more and not worked on any diesel engines do I dare try a R & R of a injection pump? I hear it can be a real bear to time them with out tools and
training,do I just bite the bullet and pay a shop?
Thanks for your input
Lost
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:06:22 -0700, lost.@the wrote:

Your 93 isn't a lot different from my 89, it is no big deal, I R&R mine when the shaft seal went out. The only thing special you might want to have is the turning tool from Cummins or Geno's. Take lots of pictures, mark everything, crank it over to TDC, verified with the plunger, then disconnect eveyrthing and lift it out. There is some good info available, I will find it and post the URL here
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:06:22 -0700, lost.@the wrote:

Here is a link to some good info: http://dodgeram.info/tsb/recalls/605.htm