Installing power steps HELP needed

I am in the process of installing the factory option power steps. The problem is that the wiring color code doesn't jive with the recommendation in the directions. I have the Factory CD documentation for both the '03
trucks and the '04 trucks. My truck in an early '04. I assume the connection for the step motors is the door ajar driver connection on page 8w-44-3. Am I correct? Or should I connect them to the door sense switch? I am installing steps on the front doors only. There is one wire from each step. The directions are to splice them to different wires on the same connector, but the colors do not match. Any help would be appreciated. Steve

I'm assuming you have either an SLT or a Laramie, which means you need to follow the "except base" portion, which is shown in better detail on 8W-40-7, which shows that you want to connect to the purple wire, coming off pin #1 of the lock motor connector. This is a ground sense, so make sure your wiring from your powersteps expects to see ground on it's signal wire, and not +12V.
The passenger side wiring is shown on 8W-40-6, and here you want the purple/white wire.
These pages are from the '04 FSM.
Tom, You were spot on. The confusion was the result of the directions that were included. They were for a 2001 truck Your directions brought me directly to the C3 connector. The only determination I had to make was which sense wire was for what side. The drawing is well marked. The steps were not. In fact the steps required sensing of voltage and earth, as the motor has to run in both directions. They actually work very well. Thanks again. Steve